Microsoft Surface Book screen has a large bulge on the right side and pulling away from the frame

I purchased a Microsoft Surface book on 7/11/16, Model # CR7-00001 $2400.00 . My screen is bulging out significantly on the right side. It has lifted so much that I can look inside and see electronic components. I use this computer everyday and I really need it to function normally. I just found out that there could be a battery that is bulging causing the screen to lift. Is this problem a safety issue, is there any danger to my family? My son also bought the same computer and his screen has started to lift also. Will Microsoft make this good and repair the screen?

Thank you for any advice regarding this problem

Ben

Hi BenFow2,

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Community. We are sorry to hear about what happen to your Surface Book. Definitely this is not the experience that we want you to have.

Yes, the bulging on the screen is usually due to a swelling battery inside. If the device is still within 3 years from the date it was bought, Microsoft would offer a free replacement. We recommend that you contact support to check for options in getting the device replaced.

If this answer your question, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you.

Kind Regards,

Marrion Y.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 26, 2020 Views 972 Applies to: