Lost Surface Pen

I lost my surface pen, and when I go to track it, it comes up with "To find your pen later, first use it on this device. I have used my pen on the device before and the find my device is ON. My pen shows that it's paired and has 90% but I can't find it. How do I track my pen without it saying use it on the device first?

Hi, briannabaxt!

Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community and posting your inquiry. We are sorry to learn that you're unable to locate your Surface Pen. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this and allowing us to help you out. 

Make sure you are signed into a Microsoft Account on the device and it has administrator access. Aside from being signed into your Microsoft Account, you will be able to utilize this function if the device has enough battery power so it can send its location.

Go to Settings > Update & Security > Find my device.

If it is off, I am afraid that the pen cannot be located.
If it is on, please go to this page to be guided on how to Find your Windows device.

We hope this helps you out.

Kind regards,

Janette_Z

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If it is on, please go to this page to be guided on how to *Find your Windows device*

Janette,

Find my pen depends on the location of the host computer. It may show (but most
often does not) the location that the Surface was used and the Pen was connected
but it will not pinpoint the location of the pen, say "under the sofa" or "3
feet from the TV". Good tutorial at
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-find-your-surface-pen-windows-10-fall-creators-update

Barb - Windows and Devices for IT MVP
*Please click Yes below if your problem is resolved. This may help others with the same issue.*

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 8,994 Applies to: