Itunes movies on Surface Pro X

Hello,

I'm trying to watching some purchased movies on the iTunes app. When I press play the movie pops up with the features options and play movie button. When I select play on the movie, the actual movie will not show but the audio plays.

I downloaded one of the movies to see if that would help and the neither the movie nor the audio will play. Please let me know how I can fix this issue. 

Thank you.

|

Hi AustinBarnum,

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Community.

How about other video formats that is saved/downloaded on the device, does it have the same issue?

Did you install iTunes app through the Microsoft Store app?

If yes, please run these steps on your Surface Pro X then try to check again if issues persist:

1: Run Surface Diagnostic Toolkit and check Windows Update

2: Run System File Checker Tool in Windows 10

3: Get updates on apps and games from the Microsoft Store

If this answer your question, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you.

Kind Regards,

Marrion Y.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Marrion,

Unfortunately, none of that helped. The other videos work fine. The file for the iTunes movies I wanted to watch on my Surface X are .M4V and I wonder if that is the problem. Can these devices watch .M4V files?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 5, 2021 Views 85 Applies to: