Is the pd9-0003 docking station compatible with the surface pro 9

Is the pd9-0003 docking station compatible with the surface pro 9? I already own the docking station for my surface pro 3.

Here is the info on the original Surface Dock and compatibility from Identify your Surface Dock and features - Microsoft Support

Barb - Windows and Devices for IT MVP
*Please click Yes below if your problem is resolved. This may help others with the same issue.*

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you! That helps!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Now is the really the pd9-00003 or the pd9-00005?

Got a lot depending on this answer.

Would love to see some official spec sheet.

This looks good, but it does not directly specify which model of dock it is.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"Now is the really the pd9-00003 or the pd9-00005?"

I bought a new Surface Pro 9 to upgrade my Wife's Surface Pro 6..... I had the same question regarding compatibility of the Microsoft Surface Dock and which model I needed for the Pro 9..... I called Microsoft and was on the phone today with "Jerra"..... a Microsoft Customer Service Rep..... and she said that the "first generation" Microsoft Surface Dock (PDP-00003)..... which my Wife has been using with her Surface Pro 6 since July of 2019 is compatible and will work with the New Surface Pro 9..... To be honest..... that went against everything I had ever read but she was very specific in her saying that the (PDP-00003) would work with the Pro 9..... However she did add that some ports may not work as expected..... specifically the display ports..... and that there could be problems when attempting to hookup two additional 4K monitors where both were running a refresh rate of 60Hz as opposed to 30Hz..... and quite honestly..... I'm pretty sure that the new Surface Dock 2 also says that same problem could exist for the same reason..... After I hung up..... I went upstairs..... disconnected my Wife's Pro 6..... and in its place I plugged our existing (PDP-00003) into the new Pro 9..... I'm happy to report that it's functioning for the Pro 9 exactly as it had for the Pro 6..... I'm running the onboard display of the Pro 9 along with two additional 1080p monitors..... with the pro 9 display as the "main"..... and the additional monitors set in "extended" mode..... with one of the additional being used for data..... and the other used to play video files..... I hope that helps.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 23, 2024 Views 635 Applies to: