How to get a Sculpt keyboard dongle replacement?

The USB receiver to my brand new Microsoft Sculpt keyboard and mouse broke. It was not a product failure, but a surge in my computer that fried the receiver.

I contacted the Microsoft store where I bought it (JD.com flagship store) and they gave me a phone number, but after hours of waiting, I gave up. I never get through.

I wrote to various Microsoft support (they don't seem to cooperate with each other, so a bit confusing), but I keep getting passed on.

I tried the online "talk to a person" help, which also referred me to a phone number, so no luck there.

It's extremely frustrating that there is no help to replace a tiny little device like a USB receiver, for such an expensive product.

Please advice!

Hi, RasmussonRasmus!

Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community and posting your concerns. We are sorry to learn about the troubles you had to go through in reaching support for your Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard and Mouse dongle. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this and allowing us to help you out. We can guide you here on how to get in touch with the PC Accessories Team on this. 

Kindly reach out to the Microsoft Supplemental Parts team at the contact numbers that are listed here:
  • United States: (800) 360-7561, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific Time.
  • Canada: (800) 933-4750, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific Time.
  • TTY customers: Contact Microsoft at (800) 718-1599, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific Time.

If you are outside the US, check this page to know the number for your country in our list of Global Customer Service phone numbers.

We hope this helps.

Regards,

Janette_Z

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-hardware/trying-to-get-replacement-usb-transceiver-for-my/ff938029-3317-47e0-9eed-2ec855becf1e?messageId=3c980afa-37cb-49ce-b93e-4af05fe48270

Microsoft does not offer dongle replacements. If you can manage to get a customer service manager on the phone like the customer in the above thread did, you MAY have some luck. 

Barb - Windows and Devices for IT MVP
*Please click Yes below if your problem is resolved. This may help others with the same issue.*

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 7, 2024 Views 3,089 Applies to: