Having problems connecting my bluetooth device, Bose Soundlink, with my Surface Go

Dear Microsoft,

Although I am able to connect this Bose Revolve Soundlink device with both my iPhone and even Windows 10 on my work PC, a Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect this to my Surface Pro.  I updated all my drivers on my Surface Pro and can find Bluetooth in my device manager so this doesn't appear to to be the problem this time.

Even my other work PC is discoverable as a bluetooth device on this Surface Pro, but not the Bose Revolve SoundLink device.  It will find a similarly named LE Bose Revolve Soundlink device, but this is not the one as it only pairs but does not have the option to connect- I initially had a similar issue on my work PC but after turning on and off the bluetooth etc., the actual Bose Revolve Soundlink device was then able to be discovered on my work PC.  However, doing the same for my Surface Pro PC, I am only able to discover this similarly named LE Bose Revolve Soundlink device, which only pairs and does not stay connected.

Best,

Rachel

Hello rachel.olanoff,

Thanks for posting your concern here.

Please give these troubleshooting steps a try to isolate the issue:

• Run Bluetooth troubleshooter. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.
  • Run Surface Diagnostic Toolkit and check for Windows UpdateRestart the Surface after installing updates. 
  • Update drivers and firmware

Check what is the current OS Build of your Windows version by typing winver on the search bar near the Windows logo.

Go to Download driver and firmware for Surfacechoose (your Surface model) then click Download.
    Choose the .msi file that matches or nearest to your current OS Build and click Next.
    After downloading, run and install the .msi then Restart. 

If the issue persists, Disable and enable Bluetooth in UEFI. See How to get to the UEFI settings on a Surface for more details. Once you're in UEFI, go to Devices, disable Wi-Fi & Bluetooth for at least 15 seconds and then back to enable. Click Exit and Restart device.

Please let me know how the issue progresses by replying to this thread.

StevenK

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2024 Views 2,133 Applies to: