Detaching the Clipboard (Please Resolve before detaching) now allowed by some apps

Almost any time I want to Detach the Clipboard I will get the message "Please Resolve Before Detaching" and I have to close almost any app, example of some Apps preventing the clipboard from being detached:

- Outlook
- Lynda.com
- MS Project 2016
- Outlook 2016
- Store
- Nextgen Reader
- OneNote
- Excel 2016
- Hulu
- CBS
- SlingTV
- Whatsapp

This is kind of ridiculous, what is the purpose of being able to detach the screen if most of the time you cannot? I know I can close the app detach and open it again, but that is not a very smart approach. I think the reason could be the apps using the GPU card in the base, is there a utility that I can use to activate/deactivate the GPU video card so the apps will use the Intel GPU in the clipboard instead? I would assume that will solve this problem, any comment or suggestion will be appreciated, thanks 
|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Let's get this resolved by looking up "NVIDIA Control panel" in the search box on the Taskbar (Cortana) then, tap/click on "Manage 3D settings" under Global settings you'll see  "Preferred graphics processor", just choose "Auto select" then click on "Apply".

Doing this should allow you to detach Surface from Keyboard without closing your running apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

45 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2021 Views 13,659 Applies to: