Cracks in frame around screen, on a brand new Surface Pro 2017

I just received my brand new Surface Pro 2017 with LTE and I discovered 2 small cracks on either side on the magnesium case around the screen, where the speakers are located. I did not expect this from such a premium device to be honest.

I bought my LTE from CDW in December and did not have anything like this. I certainly would not expect this to be normal. My advice is to try to return for full refund and repurchase. You may have to go the route of "hidden damage in shipping" depending on where you purchased it. If you are in the US and purchased from Microsoft, you should go to the closest physical retail Microsoft Store https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/locations... and return it there - ask for the Store Manager if necessary. And if they decline the return, you need to get your credit card company involved.

It is unfortunate that you had this experience. As I said, it is not normal.

BTW, I found that buying from CDW was $50 cheaper than buying direct from Microsoft, plus I could buy a 3 year warranty.

I hope this is of some help. Please DO mark as Answer if it was of assistance.
Barb - Windows and Devices for IT MVP
*Please click Yes below if your problem is resolved. This may help others with the same issue.*

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 15, 2023 Views 119 Applies to: