Bitlocker is misconfigured

Microsoft Surface DiagnosticToolkit says "BitLocker is misconfigured".

The link (aka.ms/SurfaceCheck) leads to a web page "Fix BitLocker settings with the Surface BitLocker Protector Check tool".    This web page suggests to download this file "SurfaceBitLockerProtectorCheck.msi".    I ran this MSI file.  And I got this:

How to fix this problem?  Thank you.

Answer
Answer

Hi p2ms,

Thank you for your response. 

Since you have followed the steps I have provided and nothing has changed, would you be able to reset the Surface device? 

If you can reset the device, that would be better so you can reset it back to default settings. The issue could either be due to the updates that were installed on your Surface but before resetting the device though, you can download this in-place upgrade to repair device OS if there's anything that's corrupted. Just click "Download Tool Now" run and install, then once "Upgrade This PC" appears, just hit Next. This won't delete the files nor the applications that are installed on the Surface device so nothing to worry about. 

If this helps, please us know by marking this post as an answer. Otherwise, don't hesitate to respond to this thread if you need further assistance. 

Kind Regards,

Crest_Z

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 5, 2021 Views 381 Applies to: