Beware of microsoft shipping!!

I purchased a surface pro 7 around christmas time, 7 days after receiving it I decided that it was a hunk of junk! I ask for a refund, microsoft store gives me two options, deliver in person or send through UPS. As the nearest microsoft store is a 2 hour drive away I decide to ship the package, I wait til after christmas is over to avoid any potential loss or damage in all the chaos of christmas shipping. Package is sent, and delivered. 10 business days later I still havent received my refund so I proceed to get in touch, they say they will get back to me in 72 business hours.. I wait.

No response

I call back again, they once again say they GUARANTEE they will get back to me in 72 hrs again. I wait.

This time they say they finally got to my package (almost 13 business days later) only to discover the only item within my package was the type cover pro, and not the actual surface pro unit (This is false it was all sent in one package together)

After talking to microsoft support they tell me to ask UPS if they opened up the package and split it up into separate items, confused I ask is this a normal process for UPS to open up someones MAIL and separate it? Microsoft support assures me UPS does this all the time!

I call UPS they say they would never ever do that (obviously)

Now the back and forth between both companies begins, Microsoft has since closed my case multiple times, after multiple supervisors have guaranteed to help me only to ghost me and close the case with no updates what so ever.

Very unprofessional. The even more concerning thing is that I see many many many cases online of which this happens!

I ask UPS what microsoft insures the package for, and as they did not declare the price of the object it is only insured for $100 !! a far shot from a $2500 package.

I am now stuck in limbo, with the idea that I have just lost $2500 for nothing! Microsoft has been so lacking in helping, UPS is trying to help but microsoft seems to refuse to help, they are trying to get in touch with the shipping center that received my package, but the number they have on file is incorrect and microsoft refuses to give any other contact information to UPS.

It is a shame that such a large company has a wrap sheet of screwing over their loyal customers.

I have been a customer for 13 years on xbox live, purchased every xbox, computers, etc and now I am slapped in the face by microsofts unwillingness to help a faithful customer out.

Very sad to see things go down this path.

I will be resigning my xbox account, as well as all my friends and family who play with me will be switching to playstation now.

beware of dealing with microsoft online store. They are thieves, dishonest, and unwilling to help. As previous posts have stated they will put you in a rat race between two large corporations giving you hope then crushing you down over and over and over again.

DO NOT DEAL WITH MICROSOFT ONLINE!

You have been warned.

Case number #1490723765 and #1494172362

It is a shame that the supervisors will close your case without even talking to you. It is impossible to talk to anyone in power over phone as they obviously fear actual conversation with a customer.

Anyone else (there are many) who wish to compile your stories of how microsoft has scammed you, please email me at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as I am working on a case to take to the local news, to help spread the word before microsoft continues to scam their consumers!

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated November 23, 2023 Views 1,495 Applies to: