BATTERY DRAIN ISSUE OF SURFACE PRO 6

I use my Surface Pro 6 for official work. No heavy usage for the Surface Pro 6, The device is on from morning 10AM to evening 7 PM. After that the device is switched off and kept in the backpack.

But...

After recent update received for Surface Pro 6, I have noticed that the battery is drained by 5-10%. Even though the device is completely switched off then why the drain?? Plus I keep the device fully charged before shutting it off in the evening.

I do-not need the solution like reset the device & there is no heavy RAM usage application installed on the device. I have checked the RAM usage and there is no application as such which can drain the battery.

So kindly give the proper reason for the draining of the battery.

UPDATE 16-08-2019.

I had charged my device 100%; Switched it off completely and since it was holiday I kept my device turned off. Today morning i.e. 16-08-2019 at 10:15AM I switched on my device and the battery was at 84%. So it drained 16% while being switched off.

UPDATE 21-08-2019.

Still facing the problem, but I think I have find out the issue. I thick the issue is that the SURFACE PRO 6 TYPE COVER (KEYBOARD); is draining the battery. I stated this because on 17-08-2019 I had de-attached the type cover from the device and carried it separately. The next morning the battery was not drained at all. I am not 100% sure. But I did see it; I will try it again today. Lets see what happens.

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2019 Views 1,849 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

They have pushed updates to production related to battery performance per https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4469841/surface-pro-6-update-history

October 2019 updates October 10 release

The following updates are available for all Surface Pro 6 devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater:

Windows Update History Name

Device Manager Name

Surface – Firmware – 241.1.139.0

Surface System Aggregator – Firmware

• 241.1.139.0 helps improve battery life.

Barb
My Blog - http://digitalmediaphile.com/
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
Windows Insider MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.