ARM processor difficulty

I have been unable to download ANY virus protection programs. I assume it's because my processor is an ARM. Is there any remedy to this?

You have Windows Defender built into the system. You already have an anti-virus/malware program.

James R. Vinyard

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am not convinced it is effective. It simply makes no sense that I cannot purchase a product that I choose.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was looking in getting one myself when they first came out but before I get a machine, I look to see if the devices I have along with software will work with it. In this case, there is nothing wrong with the machine. It gets high reviews from just about everybody but I checked with the printer makers and some of them act as if they do not know what the Pro X is. So far, none of them are creating printer drivers for it. That might change in the future but not right now.

You can use it as a creation/edit device and store the output to OneDrive and then use another computer to access the OneDrive folder to produce the output.

An ARM processor is not an Intel processor and the instruction set they use are different. ARM is actually the way to go but you have to get companies to develop for it. People need to contact companies to develop drivers and software for the Windows based ARM platform for which is the Pro X. They are doing it for the Macintosh series and I have the new iMac and it is great. Those same companies can develop for the Windows ARM platform if there is enough interest. Until then, it is a RT like machine stuck with what it has and not much more.

James R. Vinyard

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 10, 2023 Views 216 Applies to: