Password reset using https://account.live.com/acsr is BROKEN

I am at my damn wits end. I hate Skype with a passion, but need it for my work.

I cannot login to my account. I have forgotten the password. I cannot reset the password using the normal "reset my password" method because the primary email address associated with my account has a typo, and therefore I cannot access it. So, I used https://account.live.com/acsr and filled out all my information (including 3 names of contacts etc) and was sent a link:

Right on! The information you submitted for [my skype name] has been verified.

Click this link to reset your password:
https://account.live.com/[rest of link]

After you reset your password, we highly recommend that you update your security information to help keep your account more secure. Adding a phone number, an alternate email address, or a trusted PC will help you get back into your account if you ever lose access to it in the future.

Go to https://account.live.com/ to sign into your account and manage your security information.

Thanks,
The Microsoft account team

I clicked that link and it asks me a security question:

So, I entered my Skype name (as that is the ONLY thing I have access to) and the "next" button does absolutely nothing. I have tried in EVERY browser, on both Windows, Mac, iOS, and android. Nothing.
I have been in contact with Skype 3 separate times and they say they cannot change my primary email or my password without this form. Can we PLEASE fix this bug so I can access my damned account! 

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello bradlllls,

Welcome to Skype Community forum!

I am sorry to hear of this inconvenience. To further assist you with this issue, please check the private message I sent you.

Sign in to Skype Community page > click your profile icon > select My Profile > View my private messages.

Karen_E

Skype Community Moderator

99 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

In private messages I have been told that I will receive an email from the technical team on how to fix this. Many days later I have received no email and no further discussion from anyone regarding this matter.

Please, I just want to change my password/my primary email.

Skype already has massive security problems as it is, why are you being so uptight and unwilling to change any of my information when I have provided you everything short of my damn birth certificate to confirm who I am!? Many of my friends have had security breaches where account information is stolen and I've been sent phishing links from their accounts when this happens.

Skype is a joke service at this point and I don't understand why people continue to use it. Alas, I am stuck using it for work. My employer is also stubborn and refuses to change from Skype and refuses to let me create another account. My only option is to have my password reset and the damned service that allows that is non-functional.

I don't even know what to do anymore. Can someone competent please just send me a WORKING password reset link or even more simply just change my primary email manually?

77 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello bradlllls,

Thank you for responding.

Upon checking, our higher team already sent an email to your gmail address. However, they did not receive your reply. Please check your email, check your spam and junk folders as well.

And to further discuss the issue, kindly check the private message I sent.

Sign in to Skype Community page > click your profile icon > select My Profile > View my private messages.

Karen_E

Skype Community Moderator

40 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I cannot reset my Skype password. Tried the suggestions didn't work

Mark

37 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks 

24 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

dokładnie 100% racji

31 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there I opened a Skype account about 10 years ago,I use it often but have recently bought a new phone.when I tried to log into my Skype account it doesn’t let me.
I am already signed into my Skype on my laptop and iPad but realty need it on my phone. 
Please help many thanks

35 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

*edited* IS MY PREFERENCE CAUSE IF THERE IS ANOTHER PREFERENCE I CANNOT REMEMBER IT, SO ARTISDOWD IT.

* A moderator edited the personal information that identifies you. Please do not share this information, this is a public community and anyone can use it without your knowledge or consent.

24 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks 

26 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I have repeatedly attempted to reset my microsoft outlook and Cortana accounts password for my iphone with no success.  I currently have it on my hard drive computer with the password remembered therefore I didn't need to remember it have forgotten it. 

my email is *edited*. 

I no longer have my land line phone *edited* and have switched to just my Iphone *edited* so when it asks for a phone to send a code to my current number  *edited* does not come up.  I've tried to change this too and have run into the same issues as with the password.

When they ask for another email accout to send the code number to I have used my wife's email account *edited* but thus far for the past TWO months of trying we have not received anything in the response to our efforts. to get a code number or change our password and contact phone number.

*edited*

* A moderator edited all of the personal information that identifies you. Please do not share this information, this is a public community and anyone can use it without your knowledge or consent.

56 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2021 Views 250,410 Applies to: