Question

Q: Are you having trouble signing into Skype 7.x on Windows Desktop? [UPDATED STATUS]

We're investigating a fix for the issue preventing people from signing into Skype 7.x on Windows Desktop.

If that is happening to you and you're willing to help us investigate, please let us know.

UPDATE: We think the outage which caused this issue is resolved, if you're still having troubling signing into Skype 7.x on Windows Desktop, please let us know here. If you're having sign in issue with Skype 8.x on Windows Desktop, please join us here: https://aka.ms/skype8windowsdesktop 

Thank you!!

The Skype Team

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Windows 10. Last week could not sign on to skype, password rejected. No change at my end. Still cannot sign on. Possibly the account was blocked because I accessed it from the other side of the world in December and it might have looked suspicious.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

6 people were helped by this reply

I have Windows 7 Professional - I have been using Skype for years, now I cannot connect - the status icon just spins around trying to connect.  I've restarted the PC to no avail.  Thankyou.

Sorry this didn't help.

10 people were helped by this reply

Which version of Skype do you have installed? Would you be willing to share a log file with us? If so, let me know and I'll ping you privately with instructions. 

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

Which version of Skype do you have installed? Would you be willing to share a log file with us? If so, let me know and I'll ping you privately with instructions. 

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

I have the same problem as SharonFrost1: status icon just keeps spinning and I can't send/receive messages. Widows 8.1 and using the desktop version of the application.

EDIT: The issue seems to have been resolved.

Sorry this didn't help.

5 people were helped by this reply

Hi. I'm running version 7.40.0.104. 

I can type my username in the log-in page. 

But after I click Next, it loads for a while and then shows a blank page, such that I cannot type any password. I also tried using the Skype for Windows. Same problem. 

And by the way, I also have the following problems now, not sure if they're related with this issue but might be worth mentioning: 

1. Windows Update KB4058258 fails to install. I already tried installing the Standalone Package from Windows catalog. Same error. 

2. I can't "Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead" in my account settings. 

3. I also can't sign in with my Microsoft Account in the Store. Error: User profile cannot be loaded. 

4. I cannot log-in to my Yahoo account in the Mail app; I tried logging in to Yahoomail on browser but the site won't load (Taking too long to respond). 

I think there might be something wrong with Microsoft services in this laptop.

Bought mine 4 days ago. Issues were already there. I did a clean install after a day to hopefully fix the issues but to no avail.  

Sorry this didn't help.

7 people were helped by this reply

Hello, 

i am also having the same problem after the upgrade. It was just spinning and spinning so uninstalled the skype and again trying to reinstall the skype ver 8.15.0.4 in Windows Server 2012 R2 but same thing happened again. I tried to get log files for you but i got nothing in %appdata%/skype/logs it's blank.

Looking forward for your help asap.

Thank you. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Hey. Thanks for the info. We'd like to see logs from your device if that's ok. I'll send instructions on how to get them over to us, if you're interested. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey. Thanks for the info. We'd like to see logs from your device if that's ok. I'll send instructions on how to get them over to us, if you're interested. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Yes, please.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have trouble with my Skype for weeks when l  open it it just keeps saying Internet problems but I am able to speak to the other person but continually goes around and around 

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 3,268 Last updated: May 30, 2018 Applies to: