Skype for Windows desktop v7.41 now available for download

We are happy to announce that Skype customers can now resume download and install of the official Skype for Windows desktop v7.41.

We have fixed the security vulnerability in the installer package.

It is available on the Skype downloads page.

Please note that this installer is supported on Windows 7 and higher only. Windows XP/Vista users remain on Skype for Windows desktop v7.36

Discussion Info

Last updated October 23, 2018 Views 24,221 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thank You!

KEEP CLASSIC SKYPE UNTIL ALL THE NEEDED FEATURES ARE SUCCESFULLY MIGRATED TO SKYPE 8!

Dear Babs [Skype],

Thank you very much indeed for restoring access to Skype Classic!

Microsoft got the message - yea!  And thanks for letting us know.

Here is the link to get classic - it is at the bottom of the drop down list.

https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/

Absolutely brilliant news- thank you so much.

Unfortunately, the download page to which the link sends us has absolutely no instructions for getting 7.41. It simply tells me that if I have Windows 10 I already have the latest version. This message from Skype/Microsoft was utterly useless.

Unfortunately, the download page to which the link sends us has absolutely no instructions for getting 7.41. It simply tells me that if I have Windows 10 I already have the latest version. This message from Skype/Microsoft was utterly useless.

Click on Get Skype and select Get Classic Skype. 

Here is the link to get classic - it is at the bottom of the drop down list.

https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/

Thanks very much. I didn't see it there.

That's really good news!

Do I have to uninstall the current Skype app from my Windows 10 pc?

How do I uninstall it?

It isn't in the Control Panel program list.

--Carlo

That's really good news!

Do I have to uninstall the current Skype app from my Windows 10 pc?

How do I uninstall it?

It isn't in the Control Panel program list.

--Carlo

Find it in the Start Menu a to Z list, right click and look for an uninstall option.

Interestingly, Windows 10 doesn't list everything in its apps list in settings where yo can uninstall, nor in Control Panel Programs and Features.

For anything you want to uninstall, but can't find a way, get CCleaner Free - it lists everything at Tools>Uninstall.