Number of participants on video Conferencing and Screen Sharing

Hi.

I am using the free version of skype.
I need to know:

1) Group screen sharing:
How many people (max number) can attend and see my screen sharing?
What happens if there are more than the max number of attendees?

2) Video conference:
a) How many people (max number) can see my video (if I am the only one with video), and
b) If all are using video, how many persons can attend? What happens if there are more than the max number of attendees?

3) Is there any way to increase the max numbers? (with payment, Skype for business or that like?)

This info should be easier accessible on the info pages to skype I think.

Thanks a lot for your help :-)

Question Info

Last updated October 17, 2019 Views 3,342 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

HI AzarisFr

1) I thought I have seen on Skypes internet pages that there should be a limit of 10 participants on a video or screen sharing session (but 25 with only audio, no video). Is this right? And does this include the presenter? What happens if there is 11 or more persons? They can just have audio (while the first 10 can also have video)? Or no one can have video? And what about screen sharing for more that 10 persons - not possible onece there is 11 persons attending (including the presenter)?

A: The maximum number of participants on a group call is 25 (24 plus yourself). This could be a mix of video and audio calls. The maximum number of participants with video streams would be 9 (plus the host) and the rest would be audio streams.

Group screen sharing is also limited to 10. Yes, it would not be possible to exceed this limit. If you want to initiate screen sharing for more than 10 participants, you can try Skype for Business. 

You also wrote:

"A group with more than 25 participants reaching a maximum of 300 can be IM only."
What does IM mean?

A: IM generally means Instant Messaging. The maximum number of participants in a group instant messaging is 300.

2) Is Skype for Business included in the Office 365 Business Essentials with up to 250 participants?

And if they use the Skype for Business web client as a guest, can they still use webcamera and audio to talk to all of the others?

A: Yes, Skype for Business is included in Office 365 Business Essentials.  They can use video and audio, but would be required to install a web plug-in. The Skype for Business Web App plug-in is required for audio, video, and screen sharing during a Skype Meeting. For additional information regarding this, please refer to the links below: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you. 

Danida_U
Skype Community Moderator

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.