We are retiring Skype for Windows10 v11.x on 25th May 2018

At Skype, we are constantly improving our products for better functionality and this requires that we drop support for certain versions from time to time.

We released Skype for Windows10 v11.8.190.0 in September 2016 as a preview version. We have since released many improvements and fixes culminating in the release of Skype for Windows10 v12.4.676.0 in September 2017. Our latest iteration v12.1813.286.0 released in April 2018, has introduced a lot more features and enhancements. Learn more.

You may have received notification that we are now retiring the earlier v11.x versions so we can continue to focus on quality and improving your Skype experience.

If you have Microsoft Store updates enabled, chances are you don't need to do anything as you will most likely be running the latest version of your much loved Skype. 

What should I do?

1. Check whether you are running Skype for Windows10 v11.x.
  2. If you are, then you need to update Skype. We recommend that you take a backup of your chat history before you do that.
  3. Update SkypeYou can enable auto-updates to ensure you are always on the latest version.

Please note that you may need to upgrade to Windows Anniversary Update or higher before you can update to latest Skype version.

What happens if I don't update?

From May 25th, 2018 you will be signed out automatically and you will only be able to sign in after you update Skype.

This affects only Skype for Windows10 v11.x

The Skype Team.

Forum Article Info

Last updated November 10, 2018 Views 4,153 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi All

I just want to update about Skype for Windows 10, it has some functional issues;

1) When I use Status " Do not disturb", it don't obeys and continuously giving notifications

2) Even, if I quit Skype, Notification still annoy me.

3) Connectivity problems, every thing is fine with Internet Connection, Old skype was working, but skype for windows 10, not working.

I hope, these issue would be resolved ASAP.

Saad Malik

I have Skype Version 12.1815.209.0 - latest update.

Problem :  The menu bar has disappeared.  I used the menu bar for the "Call" function to see whether my microphone and speakers were operational.  It gave me a visual indication for this which is useful for a hearing impaired person.  Now this function is gone !

How do I get it back ?

Hi All

I just want to update about Skype for Windows 10, it has some functional issues;

1) When I use Status " Do not disturb", it don't obeys and continuously giving notifications

2) Even, if I quit Skype, Notification still annoy me.

3) Connectivity problems, every thing is fine with Internet Connection, Old skype was working, but skype for windows 10, not working.

I hope, these issue would be resolved ASAP.

Saad Malik

Hi SaadMalik956,

Please read How do I manage Skype notifications?

You might also want to look up Windows10 notification settings as these sometimes override application notification settings. 

Regards,

Babs

Skype Community

I have Skype Version 12.1815.209.0 - latest update.

Problem :  The menu bar has disappeared.  I used the menu bar for the "Call" function to see whether my microphone and speakers were operational.  It gave me a visual indication for this which is useful for a hearing impaired person.  Now this function is gone !

How do I get it back ?

We have made it simpler to manage your audio/video settings.

Just click on the ellipsis (...), select Settings > Audio and Video where you will find everything about your microphone and speakers.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

I cannot access Skype. I have icon on bottom of screen that does not function at all, no pop up or opening of program. Tried to download update and message says; I already have Skype on my computer. Cannot find list of programs since last Microsoft update. Cannot find 'remove or change program' files as I cannot find program list.

Nothing or no updates have solved my problem. I cannot make Skype contact as I did previously between the U.K. and U.S.A. Nobody at Microsoft seems to give a care. Solve my problem by giving me human to human contact.

Contact me now

Moderator note: personal information has been removed. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information such as your email address, phone number, product key, password, or credit card number.

Skype justt updated and now my headset doesn't work properly.  I have run diagnostics....the head set is working fine.  Problem is now I can hear the person I called.....but they cannot hear me. 
I've uninstalled skype before I read that I had to update it because Microsoft didn't noticed me about it! I saw the issue with logging in followed by some unbelievable stupid info message that I need to check my network connection!!! Now I want clean  install but when I go to store the download button is disabled. How can I install skype again? 

I cannot access Skype. I have icon on bottom of screen that does not function at all, no pop up or opening of program. Tried to download update and message says; I already have Skype on my computer. Cannot find list of programs since last Microsoft update. Cannot find 'remove or change program' files as I cannot find program list.

I'll advise that you uninstall all instances of Skype on your computer and then do a clean install from the Microsoft Store.

Nothing or no updates have solved my problem. I cannot make Skype contact as I did previously between the U.K. and U.S.A. Nobody at Microsoft seems to give a care. Solve my problem by giving me human to human contact.

Contact me now

Moderator note: personal information has been removed. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information such as your email address, phone number, product key, password, or credit card number.

Please enable caller-ID on your Skype account to avoid call blocks recently introduced in the US.