Ho can I test the mic in skype 12?

How do I get it to open automatically when the PC starts?

How can I revert back to and earlier version of skype?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

Hi StevenHayden,

Thank you for reaching out to Skype Community.

Kindly see my answers below:

1. How can I test the mic in skype 12? Run the Echo Test service. If Echo test is not on your contact list, just search it using Skype Name: echo123
  2. How do I get it to open automatically when the PC starts? The option to set Skype to open during start is only available on the Classic Skype for desktop
  3. How can I revert back to and earlier version of skype? At Skype, we take security very seriously. There was an issue with an older version of the Skype for Windows desktop installer – version 7.40 and lower. The issue was in the program that installs the Skype software – the issue was not in the Skype software itself. Users that have already installed this version of Skype for Windows desktop are not affected. We have removed this older version of Skype for Windows desktop from our website www.skype.com The installer for the current version of Skype for Windows desktop (ver. 8) does NOT have this issue. We recommend that you install New Skype for Desktop via this link: https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Regards,

Mark_N13
Skype Community Moderator

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.