Goodbye Skype

This is not a question.

I just want to say that I am a loyal customer, leaving Skype after more then 15 years of usage.

Microsoft have ruined it by making it not possible to quit the app in one of previous versions and now I can not see who is online of my friends??????

Unintuitive interface with no basic functions is really unacceptable.

Not to mention that I was just sparked out from using Skype on my mobile, citing incompatibility reasons.

I really have an impression that Microsoft purposedly has killed the Skype.

Goodbye! 

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, it's a bit of a mess. I keep Skype Classic installed on my desktop to work around some bugs in the UWP version. I am all in on the service with my Skype Number that I use for my business. It saves me money so I put up with the inconvenience of having 2 Skypes on my PC.
Update = Replace old bugs with new ones.
Skype troubleshooting videos https://youtu.be/XWpIEHiBsXE

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Yeah m8 i totally agree.. I mean MS just CAN'T possibly be SO INCOMPETENT about this, they destroyed this app bottoms up. OSX version is utter crap- dissapearing messages, unresponsive UI, constant freezes (for example you have to wait 15-20 seconds after clicking contact for message window to load, sometimes you have to wait 30 seconds after typing before UI unfreezes, total mess), unreachable users (even though they are logged in). I mean how is it even possible to make app that processes just a few images and a few lines of text WHICH LAGS ON CPU AND TAKES 98% CPU TO SEND A FREAKING TEXT MESSAGE?!? Its not even a funny joke, its a sad, sad joke. I have no idea why they destroyed skype so much, they don't sell any competitive alternative so why ruin a good program? Someone is either evil there or they have a batch of seriously incompetent programmers working on skype.. 

I work in software industry for quite  some time now. I don't think I ever seen a program regress so much in so short time. They should get an order for screwing it so bad so quickly.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As of today, I can only Skype my contacts where previously I was ringing landlines or mobiles overseas. So,  will need to look for alternatives. Suggestions welcomed in the UK.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately I too am leaving! I have been a Microsoft supporter for many years but this new Skype v8 is the worst. Intuitive - Nope, Powerful - Not even, the best - not even close. They have stripped out over half of the features - many of them that made it a better platform than Discord,Viber, WhatsApp, etc. Now it looks as though I (and all my Skype friends) are going to move to Discord or Viber:-(

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated October 13, 2022 Views 500 Applies to: