Every release is a new low. WHERE ARE THE MENUS?

As an early adopter of skype I want to sincerely congratulate the Microsoft team for making the product WORSE with each release.

I mean, as hard as it is to improve a product it has to be much harder to make it worse EVERY time.

Keep up the good work (as we all move to a different platform)!

I forgot, I can't find the menus you guys say I should use to see my contacts THEY WAY THEY LOOKED THIS MORNING.

Thanks!

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello gerardonoejovich,

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that our development team is doing their best to come up with a better Skype application to meet our customers' needs.

Regarding the menu / tools option, if you are using Skype UWP, there are no Tools or menu options. All settings and options are available from the Profile window, which you can open by clicking on your Profile icon shown at the top of the Recent list.

Lets us know if you need anything else.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I want to reconfigure layout so that I can have a window where I can see whether my favorite contacts are active.

How do I do that?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Note that in the latest 12.1803.279.0 Skype UWP update, the Settings menu is moved to the "..." (more) button.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you.  I HAD noted.  In fact, I usually try everything before I go to "help"

Now that we are both on the same page.  Do you have an answer to my question?  Here it is again for your convenience:

I want to reconfigure layout so that I can have a window where I can see whether my favorite contacts are active.

How do I do that?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, Microsoft Skype for Windows 10 (Skype UWP) application does not have the feature to filter contact list according to their presence status.

This feature is available with the classic Skype for Windows Desktop, which you can install on Windows 10 computer using this installer link:

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Note that both Skype applications can be installed side-by-side, but only one can be used a time.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34694/can-i-sign-in-to-both-skype-apps-on-windows-10-at-the-same-time

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Indeed.  Forgive me if I am old fashioned but I think that having two versions of the SAME app on the SAME platform is insane!  I am sure that wasn't your decision so please pass it along.

You did solve my problem, however, so Thanks!!!

Best.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Isn't that a basic feature of any chat or messaging app / program to be able to see whether your contacts are online or not?

Seems a pretty standard feature. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree with gerardonoejovich I started using Skype when there were just over 1000000 users and it was fantastic, now after Microsoft has it is a complete disaster, everything's has been changed andoes it takes an act of magic to do anything. I am trying to create a new contact with her phone number and after 1 hour I am yet to be able to do that simple task.

Microsoft did the same with Office 365, created a new product, told everyone the wonderful things we were going to be able to do with Office 365, but omitted to tell us that some of the best features of Excel would not work in the Excel version of Office 365, so why will add more complication when you had a product that it does work well? very ingenious new marketing ways to increase revenues but you changing things for the fun of changing but not to make them better.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi JorgeCela1,

Rest assured that I have taken note of this post as your feedback and pass it over to our development team. We appreciate your patience and kind understanding.

Regards.

Aljon_T
Skype Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@Joseph_A: Can you please elaborate on this: 

"Rest assured that our development team is doing their best to come up with a better Skype application to meet our customers' needs."

Are they actually developing a new version again?

From reading through all the reviews on SKYPE 8+ on mobile and the latest Desktop Version I can only give you one advice:

Rest assured, that the majority of the users would appreciate if you just trash the current build, and do a full rollback to classic skype with bugfixes.

Before Skype will ever be a trendy WhatsApp,WeChat,Snapchat whatever funky messenger for kids, your userbase will have abandoned this product. It's like CocaCola suddenly not making coke anymore, but selling a Chateau Migraine red vine...it's not going to work. You have the wrong user base.

So please don't play Netscape and really listen to your community in this case.

We are all up for change. But it needs to be an improvement and not a ...I  don't even know what was really the goal to be achieved with the current release.

Thanks for your understanding, and please don't pass this on to the developers, but to the person who actually makes the call.

Kindest regards

Heinz

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated April 11, 2024 Views 226 Applies to: