Skype - No ability to open Dial pad for Active

Another bug.  Feature that use to work fine but now broken with update.

When you connect to some virtual conference rooms they offer option to call you.  So you get a call to your Skype Number, but have to input a number of key to "join the call"

Example:  Webex connect and it offers to dial office number ... pick up call..  prompted to "press *1 to join"

Issue:  No dial pad on VOIP connection, no way to open dial pad... so you can't "join conference" because skype dropped this basic feature.

Hi,

May I know what Skype version and device you’re currently using?

Thanks.

Van_M
Skype Community Moderator

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Skype 8.3 on ios.  Accessing number pad is a basic feature that is necessary for navigating phone systems.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

<Update>

Skype 11.19.820.0

Gotten better but still very clunky UI.

You get a dial pad when you do a normal phone call dial now

But the UI to input conference pass-code is still unusable.  Its not that difficult to make a workable UI for joining a conference. At our company we use skype business.  It has a 10 digit conference pass-code (other call systems they are even longer),  I join them all day long...   And instead of copy phone number, paste,  copy code , paste...  which is what I did for years (to the point of even sending out meeting invites where (especially for mobile and road users) they could click on the number to dial and the phone would have commas to delay typing in the passcode so they could join without fighting small txt and a 10 digit number to join.

Now we can't even use the numbers on the laptop to dial in.. I have to use a mouse to press the "button" for each number.

And when someone (or conference bridge) you join like webex, calls you to bridge you in, you have to hunt for 15 seconds to find a way (and sometimes can't ) to get a dial pad to open so you can dial the *1  to say "yes I do want to join this call"

Skype is now so bad all our office users who use to use it a lot have started forwarding their skype numbers without any ring delay to their cell phones as the VOIP phone on the computers are now worthless.  So this drives up costs (pay for forwarding feature) as well as minutes used on cell.  For some, they use skype to allow them to pick up business calls separate from personal, but they are all dumped to cell so that is now lost.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 1,816 Applies to: