Video too dark

During video calls the image is too dark.

When i use the camera the image is great.

I cannot find any relevant settings in skype

Answer
Answer

The issue you are describing appears to occur when using the generic Windows 10 camera drivers or the LifeCam 5.20 and possibly newer drivers in concert with Skype for Windows 10. Whatever reset occurs does not appear to re-engage some type of advanced lighting property. I have noticed the issue can be resolved by downgrading to the Windows 8/10 compatible LifeCam 4.25 drivers. It appears that Microsoft no longer provides 4.x drivers from the main camera support page because in Windows 8 and above "drivers are not required". I still located them on their download server. This older package might online update to the newer, windows update 4.25.532.0 (2015) drivers. If it does not, I have provided them below:

LifeCam 4.25

These drivers are compatible with: 

HD-3000, HD-5000, HD-5001, HD-6000, Cinema, Studio, and Microsoft-based (not Intel) *Surface Pro Front and Rear cameras (*64-bit only).

LifeCam 4.25.532.0 64-bit [pcdust.com]

LifeCam 4.25.532.0 32-bit [pcdust.com]

Visual guidance on how to properly update/downgrade to these drivers.

Once installed, that should resolve the issue.

For other cameras:

The latest release of Skype for Windows desktop (8.x) supports webcam settings (8.30.0.50+). An option on a Windows 10 computer is to run that release of Skype instead of the App release.

39 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 18, 2020 Views 15,490 Applies to: