RAVBg64.exe is requesting access to Skype. How to set answer permanently and avoid it to appear at each Skype startup?

Split from this thread.

To be noted, the following warning appears when starting Skype:

"RAVBg64.exe is requesting access to Skype. Only allow access to programs downloaded from trusted source as they will be able to use information such as your Skype contacts and messages."

With button options to either "Allow access" or "Deny access".

What is the safest options, shall it be allowed or denied?

How to set answer permanently and avoid it to appear at each Skype startup?

Regards,

Hi Tonyda Costa1,

The file RavBG64.exe is a background process that lets you connect the communication applications like Skype (in this case) to Realtek Sound Drivers. This error isn’t harmful because it won’t stop you from using the Skype or any other program but the pop up will keep appearing whenever you start Skype. Once you choose allow access, it should not appear the next time you start up Skype app on your device.

Let me know if you still have questions.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried Skype app today and got the same question and not knowing what it mean I denied access by Skype. Skype refused to work. Shut down PC and tried to run Skype again. No repeat RAVBg64.exe question, but Skype still wold not run. Uninstalled Skype, downloaded it again and install without error but would still not work.

Your reply to the original email states: "Once you choose allow access, it should not appear the next time you start up Skype app on your device". Each time I start Skype I am not asked the question again.  My question is how do I get it to ask me the access question again so I can  permit Skype to access RAVBg64.exe?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi RSLADL,

Please confirm the Skype version you are using. If you are using classic Skype 7.41, please complete uninstall, just open this FAQ link for the complete steps: How do I uninstall and reinstall Skype for Windows desktop?

If you are running Skype for Windows 10 UWP version 12.18, please reset your Skype app. Follow the steps below:

1. Open the Start menu and click Settings.
  2. Click Apps & Features.
  3. Locate and click Skype from the Applications list.
  4. Click Advanced option.
  5. Select Reset.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried it with same results... Skype won't work! Checking the internet I think it may be caused by my webcam, a Logitech C-615.  Skype says my microphone is not found but the microphone works fine in other applications. I see so many questions being asked about the Logitech C-615  camera failing in Windows 10 but no solutions from Microsoft or Logitech.

Should I just remove Skype  and get on with life without it after many, many years?

Or is there an answer I haven't found... yet?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi RSLADL,

I sent you a private message, please open this link to check.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Skype is a free media transmission application which showed up in the August of 2003. It has practical experience in offering video and voice calling to anybody and everybody who utilizes the application. Using a freemium kind of plan of action, Skype additionally furnishes clients with the capacity to text with content, pictures, video and a wide assortment of emoticons customized to one's sentiments. Right now it has excess of a million clients, the program was as of late purchased by Microsoft for 8.5 billion dollars. You more likely have confronted the "RAVBg64.exe Want to Use Skype" Error.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 10, 2019 Views 3,099 Applies to: