Skype's UserVoice site is now live!

As promised, we’ve launched our Skype UserVoice site for all customers to share feature ideas and vote on other ideas to let us know what is important to you.

Come share, vote and discuss ideas!

Your ideas and opinions will help shape the future of Skype

Discussion Info

Last updated June 12, 2019 Views 2,191 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This is a primary way of letting Microsoft know how Skype 8 should be improved. Vote up what's there, if you like. Or if something's missing, add it for others to vote up.

https://skype.uservoice.com

Of course, don't bother with feedback about Skype 7.

TBH, This should have been done even before Skype 8 was conceived.
SUPPORT CLASSIC SKYPE AGAIN FOR ONE MORE YEAR UNTIL ALL THE NEEDED FEATURES ARE SUCCESFULLY MIGRATED TO SKYPE 8 AND 14!
How do i sign uo for skypeuse voice?
We are listening and appreciate the feedback.

We are listening and appreciate the feedback.
When I am talking on my Skype to a friend I can see him he can see me bu no audio we can'd hear each other . can you help me?
Microsoft why would you remove the option to unlink accounts that is unfair to the customers wanting to move their skype account to another microsoft account. Put back the option to unlink customers are angry at you guys for removing this feature , why even update or whatever if you remove the unlink like really thats just not right. 

hi rseiler

thanks for your posting..when you get a pause...

all the stuff that has gone on with skype and microsoft in the past and present shows a bad intent...It is highly likely they are getting ready for something else......

question for you.

what times in history has having communications been cut off or curtailed ?

while everyone seems concerned with the small stuff it is easy to miss the forest for the trees

To have launched such a bad update when there was a workable platform is highly suspicious would you not agree?

RIP SKYPE RIP THE REST OF US...

time for critical thinking outside the box......

You seem like you are capable...just want to give you a heads up..all the best to you and the ones you love

My suggestions so far:
1) Active conversations should have sounds (if they don't there is no notification when the window is behind another open window, such as IE

2) Give us the option to remove page previews - they take up too much room in the chat window, and are pretty useless most of the time

3) Bring back separate conversation windows as an option - it is less useful without them

4) Make it so I can change my status from the Windows task bar

5) Bring back the yellow Away status

Thanks

As promised, we’ve launched our Skype UserVoice site for all customers to share feature ideas and vote on other ideas to let us know what is important to you.

Come share, vote and discuss ideas!

Your ideas and opinions will help shape the future of Skype

Please bring back the "online" status!!! And, allow user to choose to stay "online" after the user has signed in.

I have been using Skype to video chat and message with my 80+ years old mum and dad for many years. They live in their own place and very far away from me. I have been using the "online" status to check on their well being since they have a daily routine with their computer. Any irregular non-online status on Skype alerts me to check on them immediately. So the "online" status is very important to my family!

Also, please bring back the classic interface. It took a long time for my parents to get used to the interface and the tools. They are very happy with classic Skype. It will be extremely difficult for senior users like them to have to learn the more fancy new interface.

Hope Microsoft and the Skype team can take this kind of feedback (I can see there are quite a lot of similar comments on the Internet) seriously because Skype matters to us!

Thank you very much.

May YAM

Upgraded today and now video does not work - Back to old version and all is well - Please stop FIXING what is NOT BROKEN. I do NOT want SKYPE 8