New Skype is absolutely horrible.
- No screen sharing.
- No SMS.
- Search is useless.
- Old message history is gone.
- No way to configure most of the settings, stored history, etc.
- It uses Electron, a 120MB package which is based on Chrome, so:
- Massive memory use (439MB, which grows while idle (memory leak?), for Skype Helper, 89.5MB for Skype, so over 500MB of RAM for a chat program).
- Massive updates every time.
- Slower performance.
- Ugly themes.
- Rating screen almost EVERY time I finish a call. This is the only "feature" of the Old Skype I would be happy to see removed!
There are many other problems with it... it's an utter mess, and a real shame. The mobile version is equally as poor, and most of the time I don't even get notified when someone messages me.
I think it's time to push people to move to other platforms, as it seems the Skype Team have lost the plot completely. You don't create a "new" version of an app and take away half of what made the old app powerful and useful!