Message history

hello, with the old Skype it was great for me to be able to "search" inside a chat, and being able to go back in history as long as i needed...

in new Skype, the "search" functions seems weird to me :( maybe it's me who is wrong during usage: i press SEARCH... it imemdiatelty allow me to search PERSON (and that is the first weird moment...)

i found the dropdown to select MESSAGE, as target of the search.. and the second weird moment is that it is searching among ALL the chats.. not the one im actually in :\

the third weird moment, is thag the search dont allow me to search that terms inside a single chat, and so go back in history for that chat, searching that term

in other word, new skype broke the SEARCH feature, for me :(

Answer
Answer

Hello GabrieleDL,

With the new Skype application for Mac, the search function on this application is for searching contacts from the Skype directory. Also, searching terms inside a single chat is not yet available on the new Skype application. However, on the classic version of Skype, you may still use this search function, you may download it from using this link: Get classic Skype.

Let us know if you have any further questions or clarifications.

Thank you!

Jannine_P
Skype Forum Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 82 Applies to: