Eliminate Other Skype Users Pushed to me!

I never wish to have a list of skype users, other than those in my Skype Contacts, pushed to me AND receiving top billing above my favorites..

After 30+ years of putting up with Microsoft's bullying of myself and my associates, we all switched to Apple Macs, 2.5 years ago. Unfortunately we still have to use MS Office, which does not work well on a Mac, especially Excel.

Some of us use Skype, especially to call into the USA when we are on consulting projects, elsewhere. Skype,, unfortunately, is now owned by Microsoft and the stench of their handiworks becomes more apparent in every new update of SKYPE.

The latest insult, was in their new release. I am unable to have a clean directory for Favorites, or Contacts, without being drawn into a sophomoric (sopho-moronic?) Chatty Cathy system of "we are awesome, and if you want to awesome, too, let Microsoft show you how" The problem with your company's ego causes many businesses to want to dump you. How do I know? I have been a management consultant since 1974 to many of the most famous companies in the World. And I will tell you, that as of a few days ago, when I asked one of my associates what was the undercurrent about Microsoft as a Vendor, that you are irritating many "C" Level Managers in Marketing, R&D, Admin, Production, Sales, and IT.

If I am unable to use SKYPE as a phone system, NO CHAT system, no Spamming from promos, IT, Hookers, you name it, near me or far away, I will drop SKYPE.

Fix your cutesy ridiculous program or Forget me!

If anyone knows how to eliminate the unwanted pushed contacts, let me know, or I will accept my fate, and find the gate.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Skype is now moving from peer-to-peer system to now cloud-based infrastructure. We appreciate your feedback for the new Skype app and sharing thoughts about it. No worries, we’ll let our developers know about your thoughts.

You can still download the classic Skype app for Mac to get back to old style of Skype. We are working hard to provide the best cloud-based app for our users.

Please do not hesitate to reply to this thread if you need further help.

Noevir_L

Skype Community Moderator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 34 Applies to: