Question

Q: Keypad does not work in call

Using 5.3.0.1 the keypad works in making the initial call but if I try to use the keypad after the call connects, for example a meeting id or an extension nothing happens. In 4.3 you could hear the tone from the keypress - in 5.3 nothing. It just does not appear to work.

I hope that Skype will fix this soon!  It is a disaster!  An obvious defect with the new update, I suspect, as it used to work.  Without the ability to use the keypad during a call Skype is useless for many purposes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

Keypad did not let me enter pin numbers or select menu options yesterday. Work day was ruined and stressful, had to revert to mobile with poor internal signal

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

This problem still exists in the updated 5.4.0.1

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

I think they fixed it -- I'm using 7.38.0.101 and it worked for me.

Unfortunately the update came in the middle of an important call with no warning.  I really don't appreciate that they would break my call with no warning and then make me wait minutes for the update to install before I could resume my call.  Besides that, they didn't apparently notify anyone of the fix.  Not very professional in my opinion.

A friend of mine said that Viber is a good alternative.  Anybody here use it?

Sorry this didn't help.

No - it still definitely does not work.

The version you are talking about is a Windows version number. This is the Linux forum.

Sorry this didn't help.

The dial-pad worked fine for me in version 5.3.0.1, however yesterday I updated to 5.4.0.1 and the dial-pad no longer works.  I am running on OpenSUSE 42.2.

Sorry this didn't help.

updated to 5.4.0.1 and keypad does not work either. I cannot get into my corp call with a toll free number anymore. 

It is very frustrating why microsoft get hands on linux software. Why the hell they are doing with skype?

Pleaee fix this issue. I will not boot my windows OS just for using skype. Come on!

Regars

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

Unfortunately they appear to remove old skype versions from the Yum repo. It works on Unstable version

https://repo.skype.com/rpm/unstable/

Seeing that 5.5 is considered BETA anyway you might as well go up to 8.9.76 (big jump i know)

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,063 Last updated: June 26, 2018 Applies to: