Skype Chat History not in iOS Backup

Hello, i recently had to restore an iOS device from a backup, however i found that all my skype message history seems to not be present at all in either iCloud or iTunes backups, or at least they don't seem to get restored. The messages had emotional value, is there any other way to recover them, or understand why they would not be backed up? 

Thank you. 

You may be able to recover it if you access Skype from a desktop client. Depending on how old the conversation was, iOS Skype only backs up 30 days or for more recent ones it is 2 years.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you. The newer conversations are kept even on mobile, as they were downloaded from skype's servers. Unfortunately older ones were not, and apparenltly weren't part of the ios backups either. It's good to know they're now kept in the cloud for two years though, thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! I am glad that worked! If you don't have any more questions, feel free to choose a rating and have a great day!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, unfortunatly it didn’t as i was referring to the older conversations not stored by skype anymore, but it was nice to know they now keep them for 2 years instead of just one month on their servers, at least! I’m getting pretty sure the other messages are gone since itunes seens not have backed them up. But you were very nice and helpful so I did rate you 5 stars! Thank you! And have a great day also!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2022 Views 454 Applies to: