Skype 8.1 not integrated with Siri anymore

After update to 8.1 I cannot make calls on Skype with Siri. Siri says she is not setup with Skype. Could someone tell us what is going on? Is this feature removed or it's a bug? Thank you. 

Hi RichardRosenberg,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Skype Community. Its correct to say that Skype for iOS 8.x currently does not support calling with Siri but its a feature we plan to add back to the client in a future release.

Please do keep providing feedback as it helps us focus our engineering efforts. 

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Is there a timeline for this? I rely on Skype for calls and messages and not for being a competitor for SnapChat. Is it time to just give up and find another app that focusses on calls?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there a timeline for this? I rely on Skype for calls and messages and not for being a competitor for SnapChat. Is it time to just give up and find another app that focusses on calls?

Skype has gone downhill the last year. They removed useful features and added bloated features instead.

I too used to use Skype with credit, to make calls to landlines and mobiles. I've been a Skype user on iOS for years and the current version is as counter intuitive as they come. SnapChat is too, but at least you do get to learn your way around the app. The current Skype app? It's been months and it's still as alien as it was the first day. It's unlearnable.

They should just put it out of its misery and build it again from the ground up correctly. What they do now is not working.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Any timeline for getting the Siri integration back? Its crucial for our skype bots to work with voice initiation from various platforms. Seems strange that such and integration would be removed after the hype surrounding its setup last autum 😩

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi RichardRosenberg,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Skype Community. Its correct to say that Skype for iOS 8.x currently does not support calling with Siri but its a feature we plan to add back to the client in a future release.

Please do keep providing feedback as it helps us focus our engineering efforts. 

I find it astounding Microsoft is adding pink and blue animations that dance around the screen and other non-value adding functionality to the iOS client and at the same time has taken away a function that is important.  I rely on making calls via Siri when driving.  I can no longer do this.  

Can Microsoft focus on what is important and divert its energy to providing functionality that makes Skype useful?

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Any timeline for getting the Siri integration back? 

Good to hear it is coming back but I would also like to know a timeline. 

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Seems like MS is trying to push Cortana over Siri but it is not healthy competiton from customer point of view. Why two competitors products can not work on same platform when their userbase is same. Let the customer decide who they want to use. By the way Siri integrated with Skype was a win-win for both MS as well as Apple, so i would wait untill this feature come back again otherwise you will lose a good customer. Negative Competion sucks. Sic

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This does not make any sense. Why would you take away such an important feature? My Mother is blind. She relies on Siri to help her make calls. She can now no longer use Skype, which was her main form of communication and her life line to the outside world. Very disappointing! I sincerely hope you consider bringing back that feature. In the meantime I'm moving her over to WhatsApp. You've just lost a customer

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I was recommended by the Skype team to add this as a feature request on user voice! Please up vote at the following url:

https://skype.uservoice.com/forums/914527-skype-ideas/suggestions/35524798-siri-integration-please-bring-it-back

We can debate there whether this is a feature or a bug (as we know prior to Skype 8 this integration worked)!

There are some good remarks/usability items in this post which can be added to the uservoice request!

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 13, 2020 Views 881 Applies to: