Experiencing life together with the people you care about is what drives us to look for new ways to connect. In June, the introduction of the next generation of Skype brought more ways to stay in touch. It was a big change and we received a lot of great feedback from the Skype community. We want you to know we’ve been listening. We’re committed to providing you with an amazing experience and appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your thoughts.
We have been working on a new design of Skype for iPhone based on your feedback, and we would love to hear your thoughts. We are hoping it will make it easier for you to connect with the people who matter most, get things done, and enjoy a delightful experience using Skype on your iPhone.
Changes to the primary navigation
- We brought back the navigation bar which will include an easy way to access the most important functionalities of the app – chats, calls, capture, highlights and contacts
- We added numeric badges in the navigation bar for chats, calls, and highlights
- Your selected color directly affects the navigation bar
- We separated the notification screen which can be accessed by tapping the bell icon on the chats, calls, highlights, and contacts screens
- Tapping your avatar on the top bar opens your profile directly
- Settings can be found in the profile screen on the top right
- We reduced the size of the search bar to increase the number of message you can see at once
Changes to the chat screen & message composer
- Chat headers are reduced in size to increase the number of messages you can see at once
- Chat headers have presence indicators
- The compose bar was redesigned
- You can use the plus button on the bottom left to easily add things to your chat like photos, your location, money, and one of the many add-ins
- Emoticons and emojis are combined for easier access
Check out the new UX in version 22.214.171.124000+ and let us know what you think, Insiders!
Thanks for all you do!