Forum Article

Skype Insider Preview Update // Android // 8.4.76.53422 and 8.3.76.50301

What's New In Skype Preview for Android V8.4.76.53422

Mood messages - express yourself with a mood message.

Dates in chat - see when messages were sent in chat.

Improved sign in - sign back into your account more easily.

General performance and reliability improvements.

Cortana - We’re bringing the intelligent assistance of Cortana into Skype (US only). 

What's fixed?

x86 based processors - We have deployed a partial fix for x86 devices in this release (ZenFone 2 etc), which will allow some x86 Devices to work correctly, a further fix is due out in the next release

Other Notes:

Android 4.4 is no longer supported for Skype Preview for iOS, if you have an Android 4.4 device than see this post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's new in Skype Preview for Android V8.3.76.50301

We have added back presence to the chat list. You will now see a green dot for anyone who is online.. No dot, they are not online or not available. (Enabled 24th July).

You can now sort your Chat's list - Recent, unread and active.

What's fixed?

Based on your feedback we have changed the themes to ensure they are always correctly applied to in-app menus

D'oh! seems we made a mistake in the last builds icon and forgot to mark the preview as a beta build, sorry about that

We noticed that the Conversation Gallery was loading slowly for some of our users

We also made lots of other performance fixes under the hood

Known Issues

x86 devices are not supported this includes the Zenfone2 and other Intel Atom based Android devices

Android 4.4 crash when typing a message

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Today Google release Android 8.0.0 Preview 3 with public SDK and API some not will change will this app soon officelt support Android 8.0.0 API level 26, i know is not officelt supportet today perfoments issues is alot of bad one that, but i know is not Skype fault, becouse SDK, API was officelt released for some hours ago only. 

But would be great to know if Skype team cold take a look at it and include the support for that to :)

Today: 
  • Preview 3 (final APIs and official SDK, Play publishing)

So preview 4 and final build will have the same API and SDK as frome today. 

Is any action being taken to "fix" the fact that the call auto holds when doing certain stuff (like watching a video or playing)? 

Until I upgraded to the latest version, I was able to record and send video messages. The only option available now is audio. The only thing that I changed on my Android phone is the version of Skype I'm using. This is an improvement? 👎

skype andriod cant support

rtx dualphone 4088 ?

No, and IF you try and ask the mods or another Skype user regards to the type of (desk type phone) NOT a mobile you could now purchase, in order to use your paid for subscription account, it seems the moderators delete or remove you post. I have been trying for the last few days to get an answer.  Still being charged for a paid for subscription account I can no longer use.  Hopefully someone will take this to a court of law, because even with my limited knowledge of the law, it is a breach of contract when they are taking money for a service they are no longer providing.

Hope that helps????

Hi Faith Fisher,

The moderators of the community will only delete posts in the community that breach the code of conduct. If you mean that posts on this Wiki were deleted - you would be right as this wiki is about release notes not other topics. I wont delete yours and JunItHuang 's reply on this occastion but I will however be locking commenting.

If you do not see a topic that is relevent to the issue you want to post please create a new topic.

To answer JunItHuang directly. No the RTX dual phones (all versions) are no longer supported. 

Technical Level : Basic

Summary
This wiki contains the release notes for Skype for Android Preview
Details

Release notes for build released Thur Jun 22, 2017

General 

• New controls added to help users manage vibration and LED notification alerts. 

• Fixed an issue related to Skype shortcut icon disappearing. 

• Resolve PSTN calling issues. 

Release notes for build released Thursday Jun 15, 2017

Known issues

• Insider participants on Android 4.4 - 5.x will not be able to install this build, we will fix this shortly

General 

• Skype Preview is now available to Android Nougat and Marshmallow users.
  • Fixed issue related to receiving push notifications after upgrade – this impacted users upgrading to the new Skype app.
  • Fixed issue related to saving photos and videos – users of the new Skype app were unable to save media sent from some older Skype clients.

Release notes for build released Thursday Jun 08, 2017

Known issues

• This build is enabled for tablet devices, we are still working on tablet design so please do not log any bugs from tablets at this time. 
  • When Samsung users are composing messages with autocorrect enabled they will consistantly find the last word of the previous message gets automatically populated into the first word of the next message. We are working to address this shortly.

General 

• Skype Preview is now available to Android Nougat and Marshmallow users. 

• We've also changed the app icon – it's now easier to distinguish between the Skype and Skype Preview. 

• Fixed an Android back button issue – you can now use the back button to exit the app. 

Messaging 

• Delete chats – We've added the ability to delete chats. When a chat is deleted, the contents of the chat will no longer be available to you. 

• Fixed issues with user names displaying incorrectly. 

• Search added for emoticons and Mojis. 

• Fixed an issue that impacted message composing. 

Calling 

• Fixed various calling performance issues on Android. 

• Fixed a screen unlock issue for incoming calls on some Android devices. 

Onboarding 

• Fixed scrolling issues with on-boarding cards. 

ples open my skype sign in 

I want the old emoticans design!!

Im slowly getting used to the new look. HOWEVER i would like to see the ability to change camera from back to front and vice versa while recording a video AND the 2 seperate buttons restored for photo and video. This is a serious omission from the new look Skype. ALSO while sending a video to someone and you follow up with a text reply then that reply will not be delivered until AFTER the video has been fully uploaded and sent. Why??

I am not sure what an Android device is. I thought it was a

computer that was not a MAC.  iS THat correct?

Forum Article Info

Views: 10,907 Last updated: June 19, 2018 Applies to: