Skype Credit inactive too early

the last time i used skype to call was on the 06/06/2018
this is far less than 180 days ago

So what are you talking about with this email?
You also owe me $20 AUD from when you changed your systems !!! I followed the instructions given to get CR transferred over and emailed you over 20 times regarding this with not 1 reply so very disappointed with your service. 

Hi Jay,
Your credit will become inactive in 7 days

You don't seem to have used any of your Skype Credit in a while. It becomes inactive if you haven't used it in 180 days. But don't worry - once it becomes inactive, you can reactivate it whenever you're ready to use it. Simply sign into your account online and follow the option to Reactivate credit. Your account details: Microsoft account: *EDITED
Balance: *EDITED

*Topic title edited by a Moderator to make it more descriptive.

Hello JayHirst,

Your response to that email will not be taken to any team to be worked on as it is an automated response from our system reminding you that you have credits that are about to go inactive.

The Skype Name of the account where the Skype Credits are about to expire is listed on the email you received and posted from us. If you're not familiar with the name listed on the email, it's most likely a different account than you're normally using.

Since it's a "live:xxxx" account, we can confirm that you're using a Microsoft account to access this account. Having said that, I strongly suggest you to log in to Skype for Web using your Microsoft account, then make a call or send an SMS to prevent your credits from getting inactive.

If ever your credits go inactive, do not worry as you still can reactivate it by following the steps on this support article: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10378/ 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

i did exactly that !!!
but you did not answer my question why i was sent that email saying that i was going to lose my credit because i had not used my skype account for 180 days when in fact i used it on 08/06/18, so 14/07/18 is definatley not 180 days !!!

you also did not answer my question on where my AUD$20 credit is !!! i followed all of your instructions when you changed your system so that my credit would move over but it did not !!!
i sent you many emails and commects but you did not reply to me !!!
what sort of a scam is this skype system now?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have no actual history of your situation but will attempt to provide some guidance that might help.  As far as I can tell based off what you received, described. and Jomel_G wrote. you might have at least two or more Skype accounts. Credit is not transferred from one account to another unless you actually send that credit to that other account (in 5, 10, or 20 AUD increments). As far as I know, account activity is any activity in which credit is consumed or purchased. Placing any call that does not consume credit like a Skype to Skype call or a toll-free number, would not constitute actual account activity.

1. One account has a $20 AUD balance that you possibly abandoned by creating a new account.

2. One account that you last used on 6/6/18 (< 180 days) which may not be the same account as the emailed account unless that usage was not credit consumption or a purchase. 

3. Based off the email - One account has a balance of $4.72 AUD that you have not consumed or purchased credit in a while (~> 180 days).

This leads me to believe you need to determine which is which to recover the inactive credit. This appeared to be Jomel_G's point. When logged into any one of the potential accounts with inactive or lost credit, you can try the following with these direct links:

1.  Reactivate credit - If any inactive credit exists, it will reactivate it. If it does not, it will simply state your current balance for the account you are are signed into.

2. Purchase history - You can check all your purchases to ensure that past credit you purchased matches with the account you are signed into. If the specific purchase does not exist or line up with the history of your billing source, it was probably made under a different account.

3. Usage history - If credit was consumed on your account, lowering your balance, a record of that usage would be present here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

what are you talking about

please read properly !!!

You also owe me $20 AUD from when you changed your systems !!! I followed the instructions given to get CR transferred over and emailed you over 20 times regarding this with not 1 reply so very disappointed with your service. 
Hi Jay,
Your credit will become inactive in 7 days

You don't seem to have used any of your Skype Credit in a while. It becomes inactive if you haven't used it in 180 days. But don't worry - once it becomes inactive, you can reactivate it whenever you're ready to use it. Simply sign into your account online and follow the option to Reactivate credit. Your account details: Microsoft account: live:jjhirst9
Balance: AUD4.72

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have no problem with reading. I encourage you to take some time to re-read what I wrote and am writing now. I will attempt to point out your vagueness and confusion in your continued replies.

1. You vaguely stated multiple times that you last used Skype "to call". If it was anything but a credit-consuming Skype to telephone call, it would not have counted toward resetting your account 180-day inactivity timer. If it was, then it would count assuming this is the exact same account you used. A Skype to telephone call made under a different account, would only reset that account's 180-day inactivity timer.

2. The email excerpt your provided states the Microsoft account: edited by a moderator. If you are using that account and the balance matches your current balance, and credit was consumed in less than 180 days, then you should not have received a generated email. If that 7 days has already passed and nothing happened to your credit, I would ignore that email. If your credit balance went from 4.72 to 0, I suggest you reactivate your credit using the direct link I am providing for a second time:  Reactivate credit.

3. I have had an original Skype account for over a decade (i.e. no live: prefix). There has been no system change that forced my old account to disappear. If I created any new accounts on accident or purpose, they remain separate accounts with their own zero or positive credit balances. I continue to mainly use my original account.

4. If you left $20 AUD in an old account, it would remain there or deactivate in 180 days. If that is the case, you would need to sign into that old account, use the Reactivate credit link and transfer the credit to your current account, using the method I described in my previous reply. If this is the same account and you purchased new credit after 180+ days of inactivity, the Reactivate credit link may be able to restore that $20 AUD and append it to your current balance.

5. I have no idea what address you emailed. I hope it was not a scam site. The email you received is outbound only and does not route to any inbox. You could email it until the end of time and your emails would go nowhere. There is no email support for Skype. The only support that is offered is this Community and live chat support that is ticket-based. I am not fully versed on Skype's live chat helpdesk system, but I am aware of how support systems work in general. When working with someone over live chat, you might receive a helpdesk generated support-based email request. This might route to that specific agent for only a limited time. Continuing to reply to that email in the future, would be a waste of time. Had you had a prior live chat, you would have a support request number issued to you, that you could relay to any new agent you connect with, in the future.

If you are still confused and require assistance, I urge you to contact Skype Customer Service over live chat. Please be patient with them and do your best to explain the situation, so that they can help you. Please do not assume they know anything about your situation or have any prior emails you attempted to send to an address that does not accept incoming emails. You can try to reach them from the bottom of the live chat FAQ page, or the image link below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have no problem with reading. I encourage you to take some time to re-read what I wrote and am writing now. I will attempt to point out your vagueness and confusion in your continued replies.

1. You vaguely stated multiple times that you last used Skype "to call". If it was anything but a credit-consuming Skype to telephone call, it would not have counted toward resetting your account 180-day inactivity timer. If it was, then it would count assuming this is the exact same account you used. A Skype to telephone call made under a different account, would only reset that account's 180-day inactivity timer.

2. The email excerpt your provided states the Microsoft account: live:jihirst9. If you are using that account and the balance matches your current balance, and credit was consumed in less than 180 days, then you should not have received a generated email. If that 7 days has already passed and nothing happened to your credit, I would ignore that email. If your credit balance went from 4.72 to 0, I suggest you reactivate your credit using the direct link I am providing for a second time:  Reactivate credit.

3. I have had an original Skype account for over a decade (i.e. no live: prefix). There has been no system change that forced my old account to disappear. If I created any new accounts on accident or purpose, they remain separate accounts with their own zero or positive credit balances. I continue to mainly use my original account.

4. If you left $20 AUD in an old account, it would remain there or deactivate in 180 days. If that is the case, you would need to sign into that old account, use the Reactivate credit link and transfer the credit to your current account, using the method I described in my previous reply. If this is the same account and you purchased new credit after 180+ days of inactivity, the Reactivate credit link may be able to restore that $20 AUD and append it to your current balance.

5. I have no idea what address you emailed. I hope it was not a scam site. The email you received is outbound only and does not route to any inbox. You could email it until the end of time and your emails would go nowhere. There is no email support for Skype. The only support that is offered is this Community and live chat support that is ticket-based. I am not fully versed on Skype's live chat helpdesk system, but I am aware of how support systems work in general. When working with someone over live chat, you might receive a helpdesk generated support-based email request. This might route to that specific agent for only a limited time. Continuing to reply to that email in the future, would be a waste of time. Had you had a prior live chat, you would have a support request number issued to you, that you could relay to any new agent you connect with, in the future.

If you are still confused and require assistance, I urge you to contact Skype Customer Service over live chat. Please be patient with them and do your best to explain the situation, so that they can help you. Please do not assume they know anything about your situation or have any prior emails you attempted to send to an address that does not accept incoming emails. You can try to reach them from the bottom of the live chat FAQ page, or the image link below.

First of all Techfreak_ , I do not like your attitude. The way you communicate with your customers is absolutely disgusting and your behavior is unethical! I hope these messages are being monitored so that your company's managers can see how you deal with customers' problems. 

Because of your "VAGUE" responses, I actually had to hire an IT person to deal with this. He spent about 3 hours going back and forth and found out that I have 2 accounts, one on my computer and and on my phone, and they both share the same email address and the same phone number !!! For as long as I have had Skype, I have only had ONE account. How come all of a sudden your system is showing me that I have two different accounts?! I am assuming that this happened when Microsoft bought over Skype. 

Account #1 on the computer (the IT man said that this must be the account that you are sending me emails about reactivation, that can not even reply to the email)

Username: edited by a moderator

Email: edited by a moderator

Phone number: +*edited by a moderator

Credit Balance: AUD4.72 (purchased AUD5.00 on 22/01/2018)

Account #2 on the phone (the one I have always been using) 

Username: edited by a moderator

Email: edited by a moderator 

Phone number: +edited by a moderator

Credit Balance: AUD4.58 (purchased AUD5.00 on 06/06/2018)

The IT man followed your instructions and found it extremely difficult to navigate around your website. Your website is not user friendly at all!!! It is hard for us to communicate with you because we cannot email you directly, by replying to emails that you send. I am very disappointed.......The IT man has re-activated Account #1. So now I am asking you to merge these accounts and I want Account #2 to be the primary one, with a total credit of AUD9.30. + read further below.

I have never had 2 accounts for Skype only ever had 1 account !!!

The only way that we can see that happening is from when Microsoft acquired Skype and it ended up being an attachment to my hotmail account.

And when this happened spent over 10 hours following your instructions to transfer over the over $20 AUD credit that was associated with the original Skype account, and again going around in circles through your system to ask you to transfer it over, because the instructions that you sent at that time did not work.

So surely you can go through your own circle of systems to see that, and if you are a business of any ethics at all you will also add that existing credit to the one and only 1 skype account !!!

When this transition happened no one even replied to our inquiries !!!

good to see now that someone is replying, although very rude and ignorant and bullish communication to a customer that pays for your existence.

Why can you NOT see that there is 2 accounts both to the same email (edited by a moderator) and the same phone number (+edited by a moderator)???

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello all,

Welcome to this community, let's get started briefly about a couple do's and don'ts in it :-)

Please refrain from posting private and personal identifiable information on the community. This is a public place and anyone can use it against you without your consent.

Also, please take a look into Microsoft Code of Conduct.

About user roles, Teachfreak is a valued contributor in this community, like many other users who participate here in their free will. Also he is a Volunteer Moderator as can be read near his user name. These users are helping to keep our Community healthy and clean voluntarily in their spare time, they are no Microsoft employees or agents. They have no record of previous communications you had with Microsoft and neither do many users here, since this is a Community but not a direct support source. Shall you need immediate or direct assistance, please do it from this page: You will be able to share private details 1 to 1 in a live chat with an agent and get your accounts reviewed.

About this topic, sometimes communication can be misinterpreted when things don't go as expected and we don't have the full information about what happened, so let's focus on what's important, and let's try to fix it! :-)

• Two Microsoft accounts can't be merged to each other. You can only integrate a Skype account inside a Microsoft account. But each account is separated from one another and your two accounts can't share credit.
  • BUT! You can actually send credit from one account to other, like Teachfreak pointed out in his first message. Please click this link to do so and send credit to the account you would like to use.
  • You can keep and use two or more accounts if you want.
  • If you just want to keep one of those accounts, send credit, send credit and contacts if you wish to the account you want to keep, and then, delete the other account you don't want to keep anymore. Make sure you are signed in to the account you want to close and that there is nothing left in it you may miss afterwards. Also, please note that when you close that particular account you'll no longer be able to sign in to other Microsoft products or services such as Outlook.com, Office Online, OneDrive, Xbox Live, or Windows linked to it.

--
Si encuentras la respuesta que buscas, por favor pulsa "Sí" al lado de "¿Se solucionó su problema?"

--
If an answer helps you, please click Yes beside "Did this solve your problem?"

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 134 Applies to: