You, just bigger and more flexible!

We've heard your feedback telling us that your own video preview in a call was too small and stuck in the top right corner. We are happy to share that now, in the most recent update, you can not only make your video preview bigger, you can move it all around the screen to land it right where you want to. Just what you've been asking for - a moveable, repositionable and resizable you!

Try this out and send us your feedback! 

The Skype Team 

Forum Article Info

Last updated November 12, 2019 Views 3,269 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Okay, but have you heard our feedback on how we need you to bring back the useful features of Skype 7 instead of adding a bunch of worthless crap? Because we've been saying them for months and you guys have been sticking your heads in the sand.

Okay, but have you heard our feedback on how we need you to bring back the useful features of Skype 7 instead of adding a bunch of worthless crap? Because we've been saying them for months and you guys have been sticking your heads in the sand.

Oh, they are so proud it took them 'only' a few months to be able to move a little frame around.

All that while most people in business don't care about video at all, just voice, chat, with easy export or copy/paste.

That 'may' be something they get done by next year, if Skype survives that long.

Meanwhile, I still use the Classic as long as there is a way around the 'new and enhanced version'!

Thank you !

Great that you finally start to pay attention to the by far most important feature of Skype... VIDEO!

If you just could do something about the bad video quality that came along with the NGC.

Read: lacking support for the HW encoder in Logitech C 920, the oversaturated colors, the noise in the video, the amount of artificial sharpness added to the video and of course the LOW resolution  video. Before the introduction of NGC, you could pretty much always get 1080P 30 F/S and 720P 30 F/S from mobiles but these days the best you can get is 720P and 360P from mobiles.

Today when 4K HDR screen is mainstream (and even availably on some phones) The low resolution really don’t cut it!

Hope you manage to improve the video quality the way you did with the video preview.

The two only things I miss:

1. Is the ability to double click it, so I get really small preview (think ver.7) and/or make it disappear altogether.

2. It would be great if you could implement it on the Android version to

But really nice that you can move it around and place it anywhere in the window. That's even better then in ver:7  :)

Thanks for a step in the right direction

Thank you !

Great that you finally start to pay attention to the by far most important feature of Skype... VIDEO!

If you just could do something about the bad video quality that came along with the NGC.

Read: lacking support for the HW encoder in Logitech C 920, the oversaturated colors, the noise in the video, the amount of artificial sharpness added to the video and of course the LOW resolution  video. Before the introduction of NGC, you could pretty much always get 1080P 30 F/S and 720P 30 F/S from mobiles but these days the best you can get is 720P and 360P from mobiles.

Today when 4K HDR screen is mainstream (and even availably on some phones) The low resolution really don’t cut it!

Hope you manage to improve the video quality the way you did with the video preview.

The two only things I miss:

1. Is the ability to double click it, so I get really small preview (think ver.7) and/or make it disappear altogether.

2. It would be great if you could implement it on the Android version to

But really nice that you can move it around and place it anywhere in the window. That's even better then in ver:7  :)

Thanks for a step in the right direction

You got to be kidding, right? I can agree it can come in handy as a side tool, but no-one wants to stare at the other person during an entire conversation, let alone in HD. Is it not enough that Skype eats away memory like crazy, now you would want it to eat away bandwidth too?

But, Skype should not try to natively support any camera, just use the stream available to the device.

I am going to assume you are a home user, unless you have a very specific need for video, in which case there are far better apps.

Great, it works fine. See it yesterday evening!

Feature?! Since when taking something that was working perfectly fine and used by many people and simple destroying it called a "feature"?! Hello! Microsoft?! When will you guys stop screwing around with at least WORKING stuff in Skype?! Please, do add more and more useless features, but at least have the professionalism and respect to your end-users to maintain the existing essential, useful and commonly used functionality!!!

Please, revert the ability to "drag-and-drop" my video screen into the active conversation dialog, in order to split two (or more) camera views!

How can I get back to the old version on my MS PC?

For my business, this new version totally blows.

YES!  Thank you!  That really helps when on video calls.  It's nice to be able to see what the other person is seeing (of me, my office, etc.)

Great. One down. 

Now you just have to get crackin' on that list of 10k things that will bring back the usefulness of Skype on PC for business.

How can I get back to the old version on my MS PC?

For my business, this new version totally blows.

You can get links all over the place, one is here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/skype-remain-in-connection-status/92e6b6db-b480-47b8-92e2-7bb4e623f9f4 bottom post and page 2

As long as the Skype team leaves the links alone, which they should as we try to help people, unlike them. Also keep the mails when you reply, you will have something to fall back on.

Yes, I agree at I have a hard finding the right click. History features so far gone. Very up setting to me I can NOT copy 1 ONLY chat at a time when NEEDED. I have to use hours to hunt for a simple feature. If something is GOOD you don't need to change just ADD other features if needed. Thank you, I feel sure the TEAM is trying or another company by pass Skype. 

I have freezing up but audio still in tact. May be internet connection, not sure which?