Skype Insider Release Notes for Skype 8.100.76.203

Hi Everyone,

The latest Skype Insider build 8.100 was fully released and this is what we were working on.

What’s new?

Unleash your inner Picasso with Bing Image Creator:

Now in Skype, let your chats burst with creativity as Bing morphs into your personal sketch artist. Command "draw me a horse," and voila, Bing whips up four unique variants, promising a deeper interaction with AI. It's art class, available on all platforms, and powered by DALL-E!

Context Menu with Reactions visual refresh:

Unveiling our swanky, redesigned context menu for mobile platforms, which now includes the handy option to react to a message with emojis right from the menu itself. A long press on a message reveals an easy-to-navigate menu with familiar options - from copying and replying, to bookmarking and reporting. It's the same practicality you know, now with a sleeker look and feel that's responsive to your color theme too!

Before

After

Hide and Seek leveled up:

Gone are the days when hidden chats would reappear with new messages. Now, simply right-click, opt for 'Hide conversation', and watch your chat vanish, new messages notwithstanding. Retrieve these elusive chats anytime using the chat list filter on mobile platforms or chat list dropdown on desktop platforms. Hidden until you decide otherwise!

Maximize your personal productivity with the 'Send to Myself' feature:

Now you can easily transfer files, URLs, or jot down important notes, all within Skype. Simply search for your Skype name or '(You)', favorite it, and you're good to go! Experience the convenience of having a dedicated space for all your essential notes and files, available across all platforms. Embrace the ease of self-chatting and elevate your Skype experience.

Stability improvements & Bug fixes:

• Call connectivity issues on iOS

• The app freezing when placed in the background or when there is a screensaver on Mac

As usual, all new features are rolling out gradually over the next couple of days so if you don’t see them right away, just check again soon.  

Please let us know what you think about the latest changes, either here in the community or through the Skype app. You can always go to the Skype’s User Feedback channel to submit and vote for new features and ideas.  

Additionally, download the latest Skype Insider build here if you have not yet, so, you don't miss out on these Early Access features. :)

Thank you,

The Skype Team

Was this article helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback.

Suggestion: While the bubbles like "How did the universe begin" and "Tell me a joke" might be nice to have within a Bing chat, I'm not sure they're that great to have on the screen showing your list of chats, but they are there too.

Was this comment helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this comment?

This is good feedback, rseiler. Is there a way that you would suggest to adjust them so that they could be more valuable to you?

Thanks,

Irene [Skype]

Sorry this didn't help.

Not really, since I was just questioning having them appear outside the chat in the first place, as it's very odd seeing one chat among the list so different from the rest. Short of only having the bubbles inside the chat, one possibility is having them appear when hovering over Bing, but that perhaps wouldn't accomplish the apparent goal of drawing people into the chat.

I can make a more concrete suggestion on another topic: For edited messages, it would be infinitely more helpful if you showed a time and date stamp of the last edit, like Teams has, rather than the never-changing phrase "This message has been edited."

Sorry this didn't help.

Forum Article Info

Last updated July 26, 2023 Views 259 Applies to: