Skype  Insider  Preview //  Release Notes for Skype  8.54.76.86

The latest Skype Insider build 8.54 is out. We know you like sending audio messages from your phone. Now you can send those from your desktop, too! In addition, we’ve done some bug fixes, performance and stability improvements as usual. 

What's New? 

Send audio messages from desktop: Hundreds of thousands of audio messages are sent daily from Skype mobile apps. With this update sending an audio message is now available also on your desktop.  

Less bugs! Not that we are saying there were any bugs before. But there are fewer now. 

Screen sharing on macOS Catalina: We have updated all the background things to ensure that screen sharing on macOS Catalina (10.15) works perfectly. Or, at least, works as expected.  

The new features are rolling out gradually over the next couple of days so if you don’t see them right away, just check again soon!  

Please let us know what you think about the latest changes, either here in the community or through the Skype app. And you can always go to Skype’sUser Voice to submit and vote for new features and ideas. Also, if you should experience something not working right, please report a problem through the app to help us to iron out any kinks swiftly. 

Thank you for all that you do to support Skype! 

The Skype Team

Discussion Info

Last updated November 11, 2019 Views 273 Applies to:

The ads bug is still there, but at least they don't stick around for long.

Since you brought up bugs, would you be willing to play "Is it a bug or a feature?" with us here?  I could put together a list pretty quickly of issues that have been around for long enough where it's become unclear if you even consider them to be bugs, like the way Skype starts up by positioning itself in the middle of the screen.

What has changed in the translation function? Do you have more information for me? I am happy that I am finally able to prohibit the use of my conversations by Microsoft employees or external companies. I just hope it stays that way and that Microsoft will stick to its privacy policy. Confidence in a company is a very important matter. My confidence in privacy at Skype/Microsoft has deteriorated a lot lately. You know why!

Hi,

Can you make active mute button in Group Calls? I have a subscription and while making a group call I cannot mute anyone. It is really annoying when somebody is speaking and the others are making noise.