The latest Insider build 8.60 is out and it’s BIG! We have some really cool features for you like an option to change your background during the call, create moderated groups, choose your own message reactions and many more. Plus some bug fixes, performance and stability improvements as usual.
- Boring background? Or did you forget to clean up your room? No worries, just change the camera background!
- Change your message reactions! With this feature you can use any existing emoticon as a message reaction. Just use /addreactions and have some fun. You can always remove it with /removereactions or /resetreactions commands.
- Somebody kicked you out from the group? Teachers this one is for you because we love your feedback! From now on you can create new Moderated Groups! Nobody can mute you or kick you out anymore.
- New grid view! So you can see up to 10 participants during the video call.
- Control my screen – a simple remote control feature while screensharing
- Enable global shortcuts - so you can perform Skype actions even when the app is minimized or not in focus. You will find it in Settings – General under Accessibility
- Support for system dark theme under iOS 13
- We've fixed some notifications in Skype for Android
The new features are rolling out gradually over the next couple of days so if you don’t see them right away, just check again soon!
Please let us know what you think about the latest changes, either here in the community or through the Skype app. And you can always go to Skype’s User Voice to submit and vote for new features and ideas.
The Skype Team