Skype Insider Preview // Release Notes for Skype 8.62.76.27

The latest Insider build 8.62 is out. This time we were mostly focusing on Skype for Mobile so we have some new features on Android and iOS. Plus some bug fixes, performance and stability improvements as usual. 

What's New? 

• Skype with Android auto? Yes! Let’s have your messages read out loud and answer them via voice commands while driving.
  • Boring background, Part 2: this time you can change your camera background even on your iPhone and iPad. Available on iPhone 7, iPad 2018, iPod Touch 2019 and iOS 12 or later
  • Skype for Windows 10 version 15 improvements: adding an in-line reply to notifications and support for automatic MSA login.

What’s fixed?

• We've fixed even more notifications bugs in Skype for Android and joining meetings using Meet Now should be also much smoother now.

The new features are rolling out gradually over the next couple of days so if you don’t see them right away, just check again soon!   

Please let us know what you think about the latest changes, either here in the community or through the Skype app. And you can always go to Skype’s User Voice to submit and vote for new features and ideas.  

Thank you for all that you do to support Skype!

The Skype Team  

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

1. When you add a 7x7 view to 49 people ? , so
    requests were sent for this feature to be in Skype

1. What's New in Skype for Windows, Mac, Linux and Web?

Hi MarcinWiśniewski,

thanks for the feedback. We would like to extend the current 3x3 grid view, but I'm affraid we don't have any plans for such a big grid view you are requesting. Not saying it won't happen in the future if we will have more simillar requests :)

Petr (Skype)

Thank you for the answer, add features in Skype sound when logging in to Skype and logging out it was standard in Skype 7 and missing in Skype 8 :)
When is this coming to iPhone?

When is this coming to iPhone?

Hi HollyWright1,

its been released to iPhone already last week. You should see it in your TestFlight app.

Petr (Skype)

• What's New in Skype for Windows, Mac, Linux and Web? 8.61.0.87 and 8.61.0.96 Mobile Please add description  on the Skype website thanks :)

Android Auto support has come with the latest Skype Insider Preview, but sadly only for sending and receiving SMS messages.

https://www.androidark.com/2020/06/24/android-auto-skype/

Od kilku dni jest nowa wersja Skype insider 8.62.76.55 wprowadziliście taka funkcje nowoczesny - podgląd bez limitu widoku kamer lub się mylę nie pokazuje 3x3 czy 7x7 proszę o sprawdzenie tego przez doradców :) ale mile zaskoczenie z większym widokiem kamer niż do 9 osób 
I there !

I would like to go back the stable version of Skype (not the insider preview) but I don't see the option...
Even uninstall/reinstall did not work.
Any suggestion ?

Forum Article Info

Last updated November 22, 2020 Views 779 Applies to: