Skype Insider Preview // Release Notes for Skype 8.65.76.73

The latest Insider build 8.65 is out and we have a lot of cool features for you. Check it out and let us know how you like it.

What's New? 

Raise hand! Do you want to participate more in the discussion, but you don’t want to interrupt the current speaker? Just raise your hand. Very handy for classroom meetings, but you can also use it as a simple voting mechanism.

Background Blur for Android. We are expanding this amazing feature also for Android users.

New message reaction picker! Missing some reactions? Just customize your reaction picker and add or remove any reactions you want.

Smart suggestions for iOS. We have added direct share support to your iOS devices so you can share text, photos, videos and files with your frequent Skype contacts.

Meet Now support for Safari. Join Meet Now calls via Safari on Mac. You don’t need to download the Skype app first if you want to join as a guest.

Join Meet Now calls easily. If Skype is already installed, you can just join the meeting by pasting the meeting URL/meeting ID into Skype.

Supporting CallTo and Tel protocols for Windows and Mac.

We have also updated Skype on Amazon Kindle Fire.

What’s fixed?

A couple of messaging fixes and some general improvements as usually.

The new features are rolling out gradually over the next couple of days so if you don’t see them right away, just check again soon!   

Please let us know what you think about the latest changes, either here in the community or through the Skype app. And you can always go to Skype’s User Voice to submit and vote for new features and ideas.  

The Skype Team  

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Skype has become absolute trash!

From the preview I can tell it runs in 480p or less (unless this is just the preview in which case you should really change that !!!)

AND and there is no option to change the resolution of my FULLHD webcam (Logitech C920)!

Actually there are exactly 0 options for the webcam!

How is this even possible in this day and age?
What are you working on?

I can watch 8k movies on Youtube but I can't stream 1080p on Skype?

Have you run out of money for bandwidth on your servers or what?

I have used Skype for about 15 years now and I can understand why people are starting to use other software ...

Well-timed as always, since the release version (8.65.0.76) came out today.

What were the "couple of messaging fixes" not worth mentioning?

Somehow, even though it's basic, Skype still has the problem these many months later of the tray icon disappearing after about a day's use. I would have thought that would see higher priority, since it helps to be able to see it.

Well-timed as always, since the release version (8.65.0.76) came out today.

What were the "couple of messaging fixes" not worth mentioning?

Somehow, even though it's basic, Skype still has the problem these many months later of the tray icon disappearing after about a day's use. I would have thought that would see higher priority, since it helps to be able to see it.

Don't you have to drag the icon out of the hidden icons thingy? It doesn't remember the position after a version change and that's a Windows 'feature'.

Don't you have to drag the icon out of the hidden icons thingy? It doesn't remember the position after a version change and that's a Windows 'feature'.

Yes, but I don't mean that (and here at least it does remember its position after version changes).

I mean when it's not hidden, it'll eventually disappear if you keep Skype running for 24 hours or so without restarting it.

By "disappear" I mean that it's still where it was but invisible. You have to sort of feel your way there to the empty space where it should be, right-click it to quit it, and then restart it.

SKYPE has become just another Microsoft fraud.  It's not a real phone when every incoming call is told my line is busy.  I was wondering why I never get a phone call and now I find every incoming call is told the line is busy, a lie.  I can't imagine how many calls I've never gotten because of this.  It takes me days to get through to my bank account to check the balance.

Friendly reminder to update the Android app to remove the 60 Hz lock.

Every other messaging app, Telegram, WhatsApp and FB Messenger supports 120 Hz without any code changes.

We've had high refresh rate phones for 1.5 years now.

This version is not allowing me to change my background. I had a preset for doing interviews, today when i updated it was going and there was not an option to put it back up

This version is not allowing me to change my background. I had a preset for doing interviews, today when i updated it was going and there was not an option to put it back up
Having updated to the latest Skype version for Windows 8-65-0-76 I have lost the ability to have or change my background picture.I have uninstalled and re installed Skype but no change.
I was forced to upgrade my working version of Skype to a completely dysfunctional non working Skype 8.65.76.73 without my essential backgrounds that I rely on as crucial
What do I do to get my critical backgrounds back?
Angelo

Unplug or disable your camera then plug it back when Skype is running. I had the same issue

Forum Article Info

Last updated November 14, 2020 Views 1,574 Applies to: