Skype Insider Preview // Enhanced Mood Message

Available on all platforms

Version: 8.40.76.71

We've heard your feedback and have made the mood message more visible and even easier to use!

In our latest Insider build, you can now pick a mood message from a pre-defined list of messages. You can also define your own by selecting an appropriate emoticon for your mood message.

When you select a mood message from the list or define your own, the associated emoticon will be visible next to your name in your contact's Recent chats and Contacts tab.

So, the next time you are traveling, out to lunch or working from home, pick the mood message that fits best to instantly inform your contacts! 

Try out this new feature and send us your feedback!

The Skype Team

Forum Article Info

Last updated January 31, 2020 Views 758 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This can't seriously be a higher priority than all of the problems people have voiced over the past few months.

Where's Split view? Where's compact view? Where's fixing the memory hog issues? Where's making a way to store my chat history locally? Where's ANYTHING?
WHAT are you people doing over there?

This can't seriously be a higher priority than all of the problems people have voiced over the past few months.

Where's Split view? Where's compact view? Where's fixing the memory hog issues? Where's making a way to store my chat history locally? Where's ANYTHING?
WHAT are you people doing over there?

Paul, I guess they were not in 'the mood' to address REAL work, so they picked the easiest one and spent 2 months on that, and are so proud of themselves now...

Now, they must be so overworked they need a break, so we can wait even longer for something else to change that THEY consider oooh so important! May be rounded corners? .... WOW ...

Napísal som niekoľko krát, že LED upozornenie na Skype android nefunguje. Aky je problém?

Shame! You develop the most useless and stupid features instead of something that is really required by users..

[…] May be rounded corners? .... WOW ...

Here you are:

" We've heard your feedback and have made the mood message more visible and even easier to use! " 

PERFECT!! MY FEEDBACK WAS EXACTLY THAT ONE ... AND YOU HEARD AND ADDED! SOMETHING OF EXTREME IMPORTANCE AND ESSENTIAL, I COULD NOT STAY OUT !!!

I WANTED TO RETURN TO MY 12 YEARS, TO PLAY KEEPING EMOTICON AND MOODY MESSAGES.

DIOGO

Little nice Feature 😊👍

I hope we can also see a good performance on pc like on the Android App.

[…] May be rounded corners? .... WOW ...

Here you are:

No, these are too easy, everyone else has them, I want the rounded corners to go on the inside of the box, make this a top priority!

pas connectez
I have yet to see anyone request ANY of the features they add, and many if not all of the requests I do see are for features and functions they have removed. The new skype is dysfunctional in every way it's been changed in the ui. The claims that the backend had security issues are fully believable, but fix them, don't gut the entire program and force us to use whatsapp.