Covid19 Hack for Hospitals: Using skype in Tablets (Android/ipads) as baby monitors (for remotely monitoring patients)?

Using Tablets (Android/ipads) as baby monitors (for remotely monitoring patients)?

I got this idea from a local hospital which requested folks to drop in their VIDEO baby monitors at the hospital, and the nurses would use them to monitor patients from far [1]

Then, I found this site [2] that shows how to convert an old tablet for use as a video baby monitor.
-------------
The idea is to use skype to do the connection and have a mobile to watch on the other end.

Wifi/bandwidth should not be much of a problem in hospital settings, but we would need to stretch this solution to be able to monitor multiple of these monitors/tables

The innovation we need to do is to somehow have a screen that will show multiple of these screens that can be monitored from a single place.

Any ideas?

Hi pkpkpkpk123,

We know that this will surely help in this trying times like this, however there is a limit on how long you can do specific free feature of Skype per day, you may check this link for more info: https://www.skype.com/en/legal/fair-usage/

But I encourage you to post your concern to Skype's uservoice, this is where the Skype users can post suggestions and comments about the Skype app that can help improve the performance and its functionality. To proceed, just open this link: https://skype.uservoice.com/forums/914527-skype-ideas

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 28, 2020 Views 37 Applies to: