Add a note a Skype Contact

Is there a way to add a note to a Skype Contact? E.g. I have a contact with the name Mr. XYZ. After some time, I may not remember who is Mr. XYZ. If I can add a note to his contact like, Mr. XYZ is from the Manila branch working in Finance Dept. as the AP Manager. That would be helpful to track some contacts with whom I didn't have a communication for some time, but need to find his contact now.

Thanks

Hello RansiriSilva! I'm Therese, a Skype Independent Adviser and consumer of Microsoft products here to assist you.

Unfortunately this feature is not yet available. You can only edit a contact name or add a phone number. What I can suggest is to somehow put an identifier which you can remember next to their name.
To do, just click on the contact > View Profile > pencil icon. I have attached a screenshot for your reference. Don't worry, the identifier you'll set will not show on their end. It's visible only for you.

I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to reply if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Therese`
T,
Your fellow MS product user. Not a Microsoft employee ^^

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Therese. However, a note would be more helpful than including the details in the name. Because, I may have to mention that I met Mr. XYZ in Bangkok during ABC training in August 2019. I'm speaking from my context, that may not be relevant for some Skype users. Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As a Skype consumer myself, I totally understand the importance of this. I strongly suggest to post this idea in Skype UserVoice
https://skype.uservoice.com/forums/914527-welco...
T,
Your fellow MS product user. Not a Microsoft employee ^^

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 4, 2023 Views 325 Applies to: