"Highlighting" the person who is speaking?

For the past couple of weeks, five of us have met weekly for a Skype call, using Meet Now, initiated by me, which has generally been successful. However, on the first occasion, whoever was speaking showed larger on the screen while they were talking.  Since then, this hasn't happened, which means we keep talking over each other which is annoying (and, of course, quite rude).

Is there a setting which I accidentally switched off or indeed, accidentally switched on?

We are all using different platforms, I know that one person is using an old iPhone 4, one is using an up to date Android phone, and I am using up to date Skype on Windows 10 (Skype version 8.56.102.0. I suspect the other two people are also using an up to date Skype version on a PC but I didn't get the chance to ask either of them as they both had had to leave the call before we had all finished.

Could this mish-mash of phones and PCs be the problem, or did I imagine that people were larger on screen (ie highlighted) when they were speaking.

By the way, I love the Meet Now feature.

Does anyone have any help or suggestions to offer, particularly with regard to talking over each other (a particular problem when we all stop talking, and more than one of us starts talking at the same moment.

Hello Alison01326, my name is Emmanuel. A Skype Expert Advisor and a user for several years. I'll be more than happy to assist you today!

Just to clarify, is your issue all about overlapping audios when more than one person is speaking at the same time?

Looking forward to your reply.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Alison01326, my name is Emmanuel. A Skype Expert Advisor and a user for several years. I'll be more than happy to assist you today!

Just to clarify, is your issue all about overlapping audios when more than one person is speaking at the same time?

Looking forward to your reply.

Yes.  I am sure that when the five of us used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, it didn't happen and that the person speaking was bigger on the screen (while they were speaking). I hope I am explaining this properly.

I look forward to your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you continue experiencing this issue on Meet Now, I would recommend sending feedback to Skype so that the developer will get notified about this particular issue, so they investigate it to find the root cause of the problem then eventually provide a fix in the upcoming updates. To send feedback, kindly follow the steps provided on this link https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34788/how-do...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 310 Applies to: