Problems adding Mobile numbers to Conference Call

I know how to initiate a conference call amongst skype users.  However the problem I am  having is when I already have a call ongoing and I wish to add someone's mobile number, which is ALREADY saved in a contact.  

So for example, if I want to call Adam, who is listed both as a skype contact and a mobile contact.  When I select "Adam" and add him to the call, it automatically defaults to calling him on Skype and doesn't give me the option to pick between his mobile and his skype.  For this to work, I would have to copy his number down and use dial pad to enter it.  That wasn't the case in version 7 of skype and i have recently been forced to upgrade to version 8.  Very annoying because I have a skype phone number and use it regularly for all of my calling needs.

Hi there,

If you're using Skype for Desktop, while in a group call, select 'Add People' when the group call has been answered. This will open a pop-up window wherein you can add the number using the dial pad.

I hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm sorry that this didn't resolve your issue. At which point did it go wrong?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks, i am aware of that, but that didn't answer my specfic question, which is how do you utilize the numbers that are stored with associated contacts.  it used to be that you could simply choose which number (skype, mobile, etc) within a contact when adding them.  the issue with your suggestion is that you need to go to a different place (such as outlook), get the number, then type it in.  that's much less efficient than clicking a contact and doing "call mobile, call office, call skype, etc).  version 7 used to have that; seems like a silly thing to have turned off.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I apologise that this isn't currently a feature, but our developers are constantly at work trying to implement these much needed features. You can voice your opinion and let the developers know if you wish here:-
https://skype.uservoice.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 11 Applies to: