Skype Preview v8.51.76.61 Window way too large

Salutations Skype Team,

The Skype Preview v8.51.76.61 just came in today and the window is even larger.. It now rolls partially off my screen.. It was bad enough having the window as large as it was and no split screen for separate messaging windows.. Please fix this, and also add split screen again..

Thank you and Namaste...

Hi Aurihhazuma

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Please keep in mind, you are running a preview version of Skype.

We are fellow users volunteering here and we try to help with the product within in its current state. There is not much else we can do in regards to functionality and design or support for upcoming features.

If there is a feature change you do not like or area of the product you would like to see improved, its best you as a user submit feedback to the engineers so they can consider it for improvement of the product.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I do fully understand it is the preview.. It's been working better than the standard release at present.. Wanted to let you all know about the problem.. did as requested..

Namaste...

p.s. the delay in posting problem seems to be better..

Sorry this didn't help.

What do you mean the window is even larger?  The window is the size of whatever you resize it to, so you must mean something else.

The only change I noticed in this build--and the change I mention below only showed up today, 3 days after I installed it (making it yet another one of those things they either changed on the server side or pushed down independent of the version) is a slight redesign of the typing area, including the way the actions there are displayed (and when).

Incredibly, they didn't take this opportunity to make the division line between the typing area and history movable.

Sorry this didn't help.

Another innovation is the Bookmark option.

To see the bookmarked messages, you have to open your Profile window by clicking on your avatar image and select the Bookmark option. All bookmarked messages will be shown in a separate chat window.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's great, and something that I think was in the old version, though I never used it there (or stopped using it quickly). Not sure why.

It does appear that the current version does have a bug -- bookmarks cannot be removed.

Sorry this didn't help.

The option to remove Bookmarks is available, but it is indeed not working. The Bookmark is removed from the original chat window, but is still shown in the Bookmarks window. This is a bug.

Sorry this didn't help.

Another, slightly irritating "new feature" is that this Preview version always starts minimized to system tray. To get a visible window, you need to click on the system tray icon. This happens regardless of whether the option "Launch Skype in the background" is selected or not. I hope that this is not a new feature, but just a temporary bug.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 13, 2019 Views 530 Applies to: