Which hand gestures are there for Skype video calls?

I noticed there are several gestures that prompt an animation, like thumbs up/down, peace for balloons, and forming a heart with the hands to create a burst of small hearts. Which other gestures are there? I couldn't find any list or info about it, would be cool to know what else is possible

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Lobo_spirit, Thank you for reaching out to this forum. I'm Utkarsh and as a fellow Microsoft user, I'm here and ready to help you today. I am a user like you, this is a user forum and not Microsoft directly. Do not worry, I will help you sort this issue, rest assured that I will do my best to assist you. Unfortunately, Skype video calls don't currently utilize hand gestures beyond the pre-defined animations you mentioned (thumbs up/down, peace sign, and heart shape). These animations are triggered by specific hand poses and displayed as visual effects on the call, not interpreted as actual gestures for controlling the call itself. While there's no official list of additional hand gesture animations, Skype currently focuses on these three specific options for adding a fun and interactive element to video calls. However, this doesn't preclude the possibility of future updates introducing more gesture-based features. Here are some alternative ways to express yourself during a Skype call: -Use the built-in call reactions: Skype offers a wider range of static emojis and animated reactions you can choose from to express your emotions or agreement. -Utilize keyboard shortcuts: Explore keyboard shortcuts for various call functions like muting your microphone, turning off your camera, or raising your hand to speak in a group call. -Engage in verbal communication: Clearly communicate your thoughts and ideas through spoken language. While hand gestures might not be a primary communication tool within Skype currently, the available options and potential for future development offer interesting possibilities for enhancing video call interactions. I hope this information helps! If I can be of help with anything else, please let me know. I will be glad to answer any other questions that you might have. Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Warm Regards, Utkarsh

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 12, 2024 Views 3,430 Applies to: