What are the colored phone symbols on Skype Phone?

By each number that I have, whether or not it is incoming, outgoing, missed, or otherwise, there is a telephone icon. Each icon is a different color, but there seems to be a scheme going on. I just can't quite figure it out. My Daughters' (both of them) phone calls (incoming and outgoing) all show up as green, and it seems that all of the toll free numbers are pink. but the blue, orange and purple icons all seem to be very random. Is there actually any rhyme or reason to the color coding; and can we select different colors if there is? I haven't found but one thread on this where someone said these colors were strictly for missed calls (no--they're not); and I cannot find a menu for it in skype (though I'm not the most proficient with Skype either....)

thank you in advance...

Hello RBRutledge, my name is Emmanuel. I'll be more than happy to assist you today!

Are you referring to the color-coded avatar of the users on Skype? If yes, I think there's no particular reason why each user has different colors and in my opinion, it was randomly assigned by the system, and currently, you don't have the option to change or modify that color for other users according to your preference unless they change it for themselves by uploading a picture on their profiles. This is also explained by Danida_U on this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum...

Please see the screenshot below to confirm that you are referring to these colorful user icons.

Hope this information answers your question.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2024 Views 769 Applies to: