weak connection

ON MY PC.  Never had a problem with video chat with my family till this morning.  Updated Skype last night.  Tried to call my wife this morning.  Continued to get the message "WEAK CONNECTION, TRY AGAIN LATER."  Called internet provider and they tested everything.  Everything is working as it should.  Tried another call, same message, "WEAK CONNECTION, TRY AGAIN LATER."  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, anjovi6

Hi Jimmy

I'm so sorry you are facing issues! I'm Maggie, an Independent Advisor from thr user community. I love helping other users in the Community by sharing my experience with Microsoft products.

Sometimes there are glitches in the installation / update process that don't pop up an error message so we end up thinking the installation is all ok when it not the case, which can cause strange behaviors as the one you describe.

May I suggest that you uninstall Skype, restart your device, re-install Skype and try again?

I wish you a great day/night :)!
Maggie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Install Skype for Desktop application and check if you can make a call using this application.

The currently latest Skype for Desktop 8.50.0.38 version can be installed using this direct download link:

https://download.skype.com/s4l/download/win/Skype-8.50.0.38.exe

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 68 Applies to: