Skype stuck signing in

I tried uninstalling and re installing again. Still not able to login. After the 2 factor authentication, i see the spinning icon and no progress after that

Try sign with Skype on other device and see whether it works.

Try install the latest version of Skype.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I updated my password due to forgetting it.  I was able to sign back on to multiple applications on my office desktop, however when I tried to sign back on to the Skype app on my Galaxcy S6 I kept getting "Unable to sign in." message with no other information.

Steps I took:

Closed the app and relaunched it. (Did not work)

Went to the Google play store and checked for updates.

Selected "Update". (Told me to sign into my Google account. I was already signed into my Google account so that was frustrating.)

Instead of dealing with the Google sign in BS. I selected "Uninstall".

After the app uninstalled the "Update" option changed to "Open". (I thought this was strange that it did not change to "Install".

I ignored that and selected "Open".

The play store then downloaded the app and prompted me to share the various features of my phone. 

At that point I attempted to sign back into my Skype account and this time it worked.

I can understand why no one ever wants to update their passwords. I hope this helps.

Christopher McCurdy

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did try all those options and only then I posted here...

Looks like there is issue with the app or the service.

Its really annoying when you want to call someone and spend next 20 min trying to figure out why skype is not logging in.

Not sure why it logged me off in the first place. I uninstalled and re-installed multiple times and After the 2 factor authentication, i see the spinning icon and no progress after that. Finally it did log on.

Please have a timeout for the logon process and throw an error message if there is an issue contacting the backend. Don't make us watch the spinning wheel for long time (I waited for 10 min before killing the app and uninstalling)

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 30, 2022 Views 2,308 Applies to: