Skype Preview // Stay on top of the action with speaker view!

Available on all platforms

Version: 8.42.76.54

In large group meetings it's often useful to see the person who is currently speaking, big on your screen. In our latest Insider build, we are introducing speaker view for group calls! When you turn on speaker view, the call screen will display the person currently speaking and when someone else starts talking the call screen will automatically switch to follow the action!

On mobile devices you can easily switch between the default grid view and the new speaker view by tapping the view switcher button on the upper right corner. 

On desktop, you can access the new speaker view from the menu in the upper right part of the call screen. 

Try this out in your next call and let us know what you think!

The Skype Team  

Forum Article Info

Last updated October 11, 2019 Views 664 Applies to:
When will the list of missing version 7 features be getting added back instead of pointless additions people aren't asking for?
Reply In reply to deleted message

Hi Peter,

You should be able to do most of this today. By default you can have up to 4 participants with video displayed in a grid layout (unfortunately we don't support seeing all the participants at the same time, but you can drag and drop participants to arrange your layout as you want it). You can mute participants by right clicking on their video or avatar and selecting "Mute Participant". 

Hope that helps! 

Product Manager for Skype Core Calling UX

I am running windows 8.1 and Skype will not run trouble shooting program says that Skype is incompatible

with 8.1 Skype was running fine until it was upgraded to the latest version any ideas.

Please help me on how I can get skype for business. I use the ordinary skype already. 

thanks in advance

Hate Hate new skupé 8!!!!

Hi Peter,

You should be able to do most of this today. By default you can have up to 4 participants with video displayed in a grid layout (unfortunately we don't support seeing all the participants at the same time, but you can drag and drop participants to arrange your layout as you want it). You can mute participants by right clicking on their video or avatar and selecting "Mute Participant". 

Hope that helps! 

IT`S LOWD SPEAKER VOICE IN LAPTOP ASUS; VOICE DISCONNECTED; WRONG SETTING?

I would like to see all 20 of my participants in a grid view in Skype for Business.  Is this also not going to be available in skype for business?